As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I sort have to sneak anything that might be remotely close to Chinese food onto the table. However, my daughter loves chicken on a stick. So, when I made these spicy Asian chicken kabobs, I left off the simple fact that it might be a smidge close to Chinese. I figured I could tell them once they loved them!
Spicy Asian Chicken Kabobs
I made two versions of the spicy Asian chicken kabobs. One with a marinade from scratch with a few simple ingredients.
And one with a bottle of Panda Express Orange Sauce. If you don’t have orange sauces, you could definitely make teriyaki chicken kabobs by marinading in your favorite bottle of teriyaki sauce.
I cut 2 pounds of chicken breast up in two-inch pieces, split them in half and put into two Ziploc bags. Then I mixed together 2 parts balsamic vinegar to 1 part honey and 1 part sriracha hot chili sauce together.
I poured about 1/2 cup of the orange sauce over the other bag of chicken. Refrigerate for a few hours. About 30 minutes before grill time I grabbed some veggies out of the fridge and chunked them up. I used a red bell pepper, onion, zucchini, and mushrooms. Use what you have on hand.
Once the veggies were cut into chunks, I pulled the chicken out and put the veggies and chicken on stainless steel shish kabob skewers to make these spicy Chinese Chicken Kabobs. I start with a pepper closest to the handle followed by a piece of chicken and two pieces of veggies and then chicken again. I like every piece of vegetable to be touching the chicken.
Want a beef kabob instead? Check out this great teriyaki beef kabob recipe.
Spicy Asian Chicken Kabobs
Spicy Chinese chicken kabobs are a great grilled chicken recipe Chinese food lovers will love. Leave the veggies off for a great Chicken on a Stick recipe too.
- 1 pound of chicken breast cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Sriracha Hot chili sauce
- 2 garlic cloves pressed
- 1 zucchini cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 pepper cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 onion cut into eighths
- 8 button mushrooms halved
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Mix together, vinegar, honey, hot sauce, and garlic. Pour over chicken in a Ziploc bag and refrigerate for several hours.
- Skewer vegetables and chicken beginning with a pepper, followed by a chicken, two vegetables, and chicken, repeat till the end of the kabob.
- Reserve chicken marinade and pour into a small saucepan and reduce over a medium-low heat for 5-10 minutes till it thickens to a glaze.
- Sprinkle kabobs with sesame seeds and brush on reduce glaze.
- Place on grill over a medium heat, turning every 6-7 minutes till vegetables and chicken are fully cooked.
Have a great recipe from the 4th of July to share? Link up your latest favorite!
Affiliate links were used in this post.
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- Low-Carb Chili - September 13, 2019
- Sloppy Joe Boats - September 8, 2019
- Low-Carb Jalapeno Popper Meatballs with Low-Carb Cheese Sauce - September 5, 2019