As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I must say, last week’s Hunk of Meat Monday link ups were quite inspiring. I get in this “I must grill out every single day” mode that I have been ignoring my poor crock pot most weeks. And then I saw these amazing recipes from The Rickett Chronicle, Pinke Post, and Goodeness Gracious motivating me to make Crock Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork.
And then I was reading through Basilmomma’s Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork recipe and decided, I could convert that to a crock pot recipe with no problem. Plus I had half of a Boston butt or also known as a pork shoulder I needed to use.
Just a few ingredients to get this recipe going.
I decided the pork needed four or five pieces of smashed garlic.
Then I shredded up the pork with my salad choppers.
Turned the crock pot down to stay warm till we were ready to eat. The pork was spicy and sweet. We made sandwiches out of the pork and added some cheese and BBQ sauce to the pork.
It was a little bit of heaven with our Indiana sweet corn and tomato pasta salad.
Crock Pot Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
- 6-7 Pound Pork Shoulder or Boston Butt
- 1 onion cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4-5 cloves of garlic smashed
- 1, 7 oz can of chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 1/2 cup Dr. Pepper
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Salt and Pepper
- Salt and pepper top and bottom of the pork shoulder.
- Place onion slices in the bottom of large crock pot. Place pork shoulder, fat side down on top of onions. Put garlic cloves over top of the pork shoulder.
- Pour can of peppers, Dr. Pepper, and and brown sugar on top of the pork and garlic.
- Cook on low for 8 hours.
- Shred with fork or salad choppers and keep warm till ready to serve.
Leftover freeze great or can be used in the enchiladas or burritos.
What do you have cooking this week that I can steal for my family’s supper this week? Have a great week!
Affiliate links were used.
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- Low-Carb Chili - September 13, 2019
- Sloppy Joe Boats - September 8, 2019
- Low-Carb Jalapeno Popper Meatballs with Low-Carb Cheese Sauce - September 5, 2019