Instant Pot Zesty BBQ Pulled Pork makes a pork shoulder a flavorful and juicy bbq pulled pork with the help of root beer and zesty Italian dressing in 90 minutes. BBQ is always a favorite at our house. Crock Pot Dr. Pepper pulled pork is a staple recipe for me. I have Crock Pot BBQ beef recipes from crock pot ketchup based BBQ beef and a crock pot root beer BBQ beef. Now, I have the new favorite, Instant Pot Zesty BBQ Pulled Pork.
When the pressure cooking is done the addition of your favorite barbecue sauce makes this pulled pork ready for sandwiches.
Zesty BBQ Pulled Pork Ingredients
This pulled pork is simple. I pulled a frozen pork shoulder roast out of the freezer for this recipe.
You can use a pork shoulder, pork butt, or even pork loin for this recipe. Zesty Italian dressing combined with root beer makes the base for this recipe.
How to Make Instant Pot Pulled Pork
Season the pork should with an all-purpose barbecue seasoning. Place the pork shoulder in the Instant Pot. I am pretty much obsessed with my Instant Pot Ultra 8-quart. Mix the Italian dressing, root beer, liquid smoke, and barbecue sauce together and then pour over the seasoned pork shoulder in the Instant Pot.
Pressure cook the roast for 90 minutes on high pressure. If your roast is frozen, you will want to cook the roast for 60 minutes and then cut it up and then cook another 45 minutes. The fresh or thawed pork shoulders will be fine on a constant 90 minutes.
When the pork is done pressure cooking, I let it naturally release for 15 minutes and then quick-released the pot. Pork shoulders and pork roasts can vary is size and thickness. If your pork will not cut easily, go ahead and put the lid back on a cook for an additional 20 minutes. When it does cut easily, you should be able to cut or pull the pork apart.
Instant Pot Zesty BBQ Pulled Pork
- 1 pork shoulder roast, 3-4 pounds
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup root beer
- ⅓ cup zesty Italian dressing
- 3-4 shakes liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose barbecue seasoning
- Season the pork should with the all-purpose barbecue seasoning. Place in the Instant Pot.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a measuring cup. Pour over the top of the pork shoulder.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Cook for 90 minutes on high pressure.
- When pressure cooking is done, natural release for 15 minutes. Utilize quick release for the remaining pressure if the lid doesn't release.
- Pull pork apart with forks or cut the pork with a knife.
- Serve with additional barbecue sauce.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021