As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I love my Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork I make in the crock pot. Love it. But, many of you asked how to cool it down a notch. I guess not everyone enjoys the heat from adobo’s that I do. And I should probably give my kids’ taste buds a chance at surviving tell adulthood. I played around a little bit this week with what might be a happy heat in the middle compromise I got to in this crock pot shredded Dr. Pepper beef.
I usually have several jars of Harry & David’s Pepper and Onion Relish on hand because it make a quick and easy dip for last minute snacks by mixing it with cream cheese. It packs a little punch but not the heat of adobo. I also used some Chipotle chili powder along with Lawry’s seasoned salt. I seasoned a 3-4 pound chuck roast liberally with both the Chipotle and the Lawry’s and then placed it in the crock pot.
Take out any bones and any excess fat. Then shred the beef up with two forks or salad chopper into smaller pieces.
Dr. Pepper Slow Cooked Beef
- 3-4 pound beef roast
- 1 cup Dr. Pepper
- 1 jar Harry & David pepper and onion relish
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons chipotle pepper powder
- 5 dashes of Tabasco
- 5 dashes of Liquid Smoke
- 2-4 tablespoons of brown sugar
- Season the beef roast generously with seasoned salt and chipotle powder. Place roast in crock pot and pour Dr. Pepper and relish over top. Add Tabasco and Liquid Smoke.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove any bones or excess fat and then shred the beef.
- Taste for spice and add brown sugar to cut the heat if the meat is too spicy.
- Keep warm till ready to eat. Serve on onion rolls or Hawaiian sub rolls.
What is cooking this week for you? Link up your latest favorites!
Affiliate links were used.