As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
If any of you are like me, you get beef 400 pounds at a time. Which means you get enough roasts to feed the entire church potluck crowd all winter long. So, once again I have a slow cooked beef roast. This time I used a rolled rump roast to make balsamic beef roast. The ingredients are fairly standard.
Beef broth, balsamic vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes, garlic, and honey. I guess those are standard in my house. And as a tangent, I buy some pretty awesome balsamic vinegar from T.J. Maxx. And cheap too.
The reserve juices in the crock pot can be used as an au jus sauce or thickened up for a gravy. Regardless, don’t just pour that liquid brown gold down the drain.
When I called home to see how everyone liked the roast that night since I was away on business, my husband said our daughter ate her weight in meat. Big win, since she would take a plate of peas over meat most nights!!
- 3-4 pound roast beef
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- Put your beef roast into the crock pot.
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, mix together all remaining ingredients. Pour over roast beef, sprinkle fresh ground pepper over top of the beef roast.
- Cook on high for 4-6 hours or low for 8-10 hours.
- When roast has cooked, remove from the crock pot and cut the roast or break apart with a large fork. Pour ¼ – ½ cup of juice from the crock pot over the beef roast.
Enjoy your Hunk of Meat Monday and stay warm if you are experiencing this cruel spring snow storm.
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020
- Keto Tuscan Sausage Soup with Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomatoes - February 3, 2020