As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Avocado garlic aioli is a simple aioli made in the food processor with avocado, basil, mayonnaise, garlic, shallots, and lemon juice. The inspiration was loving to put avocado on my BLT. But that makes a fat sandwich. So I thought surely I can make an aioli out of avocados. I first experienced an aioli while eating fries. It was life-changing. I have always loved mayo and ketchup with my fries. But this avocado garlic aioli, my friends, is by far my favorite aioli.
I like aioli. I like aioli on fries or on sandwiches or with a spoon. But I love me some mayonnaise. If you don’t like mayonnaise, you probably don’t even think you will like aioli.
Avocado Garlic Aioli Ingredients
The ingredients are simple. Sour cream, mayo, avocado, garlic, basil, shallots, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
How to Make Aioli
Then pulse or puree. I like the tangy the banana peppers add to the aioli. Of course, these peppers can be omitted.
Avocado Garlic Aioli
- 1/2 mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 1 shallot
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 banana pepper
- salt and pepper
- Add all the ingredients, roughly cut to a food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Store in refrigerator or use immediately as a sandwich spread or dip.
- Bacon Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms – Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms - June 28, 2020
- Easy Summer Dinner Ideas - June 22, 2020
- The Ultimate Baked Tacos – Creamy Ground Beef Baked Tacos - June 13, 2020