Avocado garlic aioli is a simple aioli made in the food processor with avocado, basil, mayonnaise, garlic, shallots, and lemon juice. The inspiration was loving to put avocado on my BLT. But that makes a fat sandwich. So I thought surely I can make an aioli out of avocados. I first experienced an aioli while eating fries. It was life-changing. I have always loved mayo and ketchup with my fries. But this avocado garlic aioli, my friends, is by far my favorite aioli.
I like aioli. I like aioli on fries or on sandwiches or with a spoon. But I love me some mayonnaise. If you don't like mayonnaise, you probably don't even think you will like aioli.
Avocado Garlic Aioli Ingredients
The ingredients are simple to make an aioli. This avocado garlic aioli is so easy to make and is so full of flavor. The ingredients you will need to make this sandwich spread or fry dip are:
- Sour cream
- Banana peppers
- Lemon juice
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Aioli
To make this simple avocado garlic aioli, rough chop the garlic, basil, banana peppers, and shallots. Put the sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon, juice, and chopped veggies into a food processor.
Other Dips, Sauces, and Dressing Recipes
Avocado Garlic Aioli
- ½ mayonnaise
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado
- 3 garlic cloves
- 4-5 basil leaves
- 1 shallot
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 banana pepper
- salt and pepper
- Add all the ingredients, roughly cut to a food processor.
- Puree until smooth.
- Store in refrigerator or use immediately as a sandwich spread or dip.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021