As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Jalapeño poppers are always a hit at any party. Or random Monday night supper. After all, these bacon wrapped jalapeño poppers cover three food groups: meat, dairy, vegetable. That means it is like a bite-sized casserole, right?
Bacon Wrapped Jalapeño Poppers
The recipe comes from my brother-in-law. Must give credit where credit is due. Plus, he raises pigs. So, if I am going to boast a recipe using two forms of pork, who better to give it street credit than a pig farmer.
Back to the recipe for bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers…
We are talking five ingredients. 5. That is it.
Ground pork is what I used. Most chain grocery stores will sell fresh ground pork. Usually on the top shelf in the same area as pork chops, pork loins, pork ribs in the meat case. If you can’t find it, use fresh breakfast sausage. It will be fine.
And of course, I cook the fresh ground pork in the Micro-Cooker. I have two now. One is always dirty and in the dishwasher. After a quick six minutes, I mix the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese into the ground meat till completely melted.
While the meat is cooking, Cut 15-25 jalapenos, lengthwise and scoop the seeds out. Then I fill each jalapeno half with the pork and cheese mixture. I slice the bacon in half and wrap half slices of bacon around each stuffed jalapeno. Place the bacon wrapped jalapeno poppers on a jelly roll pan.
Then bake. On 350 till bacon is crispy. This will take at least 30 minutes. The thicker the bacon, the longer the cook time. Personally, I like these better with the thinner bacon. I now use the regular Oscar Mayer bacon.
Now, if you are going to a party or hosting people and want to keep these poppers warm, drop them into a Casserole Slow Cooker. Um, the casserole crock pot may be my favorite kitchen appliance. Buy one for anyone getting married or put it on your Christmas list for your mother-in-law to buy for you.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 20-25 Jalapenos
- 1, 8- ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 cup of shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound of bacon
- Brown ground pork. Drain any excess grease and stir in cheeses.
- While pork is cooking, cut the top of each jalapeno off and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out all the seeds.
- Fill jalapeno halves with the pork and cheese mixture.
- Cut bacon slices in half and wrap each half piece of bacon around each filled jalapeno half. Place on jelly roll pan.
- Bake on 350 until bacon is crisp. Depending on bacon thickness, 30-45 minutes.
Check out other great recipes over on the Weekend Potluck.
- Cheesy Shepherd’s Pie – Mashed Potato Ground Beef Casserole - February 22, 2020
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020