As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Once you try this crock pot monkey bread in a casserole crock pot, you will curse finding the recipe. One bite is never enough when it comes to monkey bread. Plus the fact you can fix it and forget it in the crock pot makes it even easier to make. Crock Pot Monkey Bread uses refrigerator Grands biscuits with sugar and cinnamon to create a warm and gooey sticky pull apart bread.
Crock Pot Monkey Bread
To start, quarter two cans of large buttermilk refrigerator canned biscuits. I just run a knife through a stack of them to quarter them. Then add them to a ziplock bag of cinnamon and sugar. Give them a good shake and set aside to get started on the caramel sauce.
Then you just pour half on the bottom of the greased crock pot and save half for the top of the biscuits. I then place a small bowl in the middle of the sauce to allow for more edges to help cook the middle of the monkey bread.
Get your coffee brewed and ready for a large plate of monkey bread to go along with your monkey bread. Now, the edges will be a little crustier than the inside, so eat around the edges before diving in the middle. If you like brownie edges, you will like monkey bread edges too.
Crock Pot Monkey Bread
- 2 cans of refrigerator large biscuits like Grands
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 stick of butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Cut biscuits into quarters and set aside. Pour sugar and cinnamon into a large ziplock bag and set aside with cut biscuits.
- In a small pan, melt butter, sugar, water and salt together. When mixture begins to boil, remove from heat and pour ⅓ of sauce in the bottom of a greased casserole crock pot.
- Place the cut biscuits in the bag of sugar and cinnamon. Shake to cover the biscuits and then put the biscuits evenly over the sauce in the crock pot.
- Finish by pouring the remaining sauce over top of the biscuits.
- Place the lid on the crock pot and cook for 2 hours on high heat.
- Serve immediately.
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- Low-Carb Chili - September 13, 2019
- Sloppy Joe Boats - September 8, 2019
- Low-Carb Jalapeno Popper Meatballs with Low-Carb Cheese Sauce - September 5, 2019