As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crock Pot French toast casserole is a rich caramelized French toast recipe with rich maple flavors and the combination of a crumb top with a caramel bottom and fluffy bread middle. This French toast recipe was bestowed on my thanks to my church. Every Easter our church has breakfast. One of the best bakers and home cooks has been in charge of the breakfast for the last few years. Her recipe for french toast bake is my new go-to french toast casserole. One weekend I wanted the casserole to be ready for us when we got home from church, so I was able to master the art of the crock pot french toast casserole. Real maple syrup and an insane amount of butter bring so much richness and flavor to this crock pot french toast casserole recipe.
The moist bread combined with the crusty edges will keep you coming back for one more bite about four or five times or until the casserole is gone. And did I mention maple syrup was in the recipe? Well, you might as well be prepared to drown the French toast with the maple syrup too.
When I said there was butter in this French toast casserole, I meant it. Like two sticks of butter people!
- Pure vanilla
- Brown sugar
- Maple syrup
How to make Crock Pot French Toast Casserole
To begin, combine a cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of butter and two tablespoons of maple syrup and melt in the microwave. Pour the melted mixture into a buttered casserole crock pot insert.
Combine the eggs, milk, cream, sugar, and vanilla. Be sure to completely whisk the eggs and then pour over the bread and press the bread down with the back of a spoon to ensure all the bread is under the liquid.
Refrigerate the insert with the lid on overnight. In the morning, place the casserole crock pot insert back into the crock pot heat element. Make the crumb topping for the casserole before turning the heat on.
In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cold butter that has been cut into small pieces.
Casserole Crock Pot Breakfast Recipes
Looking for other crock pot breakfast recipes. Be sure to check out these casserole crock pot breakfast recipes.
Crock Pot French Toast Casserole
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup
- 1 loaf bread
- 8 eggs
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- Mix together the 1 cup of brown sugar, 1/2 cup of butter, and maple syrup in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave in 30-second increments until melted.
- Pour into a greased casserole crock pot insert.
- Cube the bread and pour over the top of the sugar-butter mixture.
- Combine the 8 eggs, milk, cream, 3/4 cup of sugar and vanilla. Beat until the eggs are completely beaten.
- Pour over the top of the bread, pressing the bread down to completely saturate it.
- Cover with the crock pot lid and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, make the crumb topping. Combine, the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and cold butter cut into small pieces. Pour over top of the bread.
- Place in the crock pot and cook on high for two to three hours.
- Serve with maple syrup.
shared on weekend potluck
- Bacon Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms – Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms - June 28, 2020
- Easy Summer Dinner Ideas - June 22, 2020
- The Ultimate Baked Tacos – Creamy Ground Beef Baked Tacos - June 13, 2020