This Instant Pot butter beef recipe is full of flavor, tender to eat, and perfect as a sandwich or over mashed potatoes. For those of you trying to eat keto or low-carb, this is also a perfect recipe for your diet plan.
This Instant Pot thing isn’t a fad. I have several friends who swear by their Instant Pot. I finally bought one last summer and have been using it in several different recipes. This, however, was the first recipe I made where my husband looked at me and said, “you could make this again anytime”.
Low-Carb Instant Pot Butter Beef Ingredients
Five ingredients get you on the way to the most flavorful and tender beef roast you will have had in a long time.
The butter beef roast is similar to the Mississippi beef roast but the ingredients are slightly different. Ranch and Italian salad dressing mixes along with banana pepper rings and butter with your beef roast make for a simple yet delicious low-carb beef roast recipe. Plus, this roast is not at all dried out thanks to the stick of butter used in the recipe. Tangy and savory with just a little bit of spice makes this Instant Pot butter beef a melt in your mouth Instant Pot roast.
How to Make Keto Instant Pot Butter Beef Roast
Start by setting your [amazon_textlink asin=’B01B1VC13K’ text=’pressure cooker’ template=’ProductLink’ store=’farmwifedrink-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’66242988-2e90-44d3-91e5-047eaf1397cc’] to saute or brown. When the pot is hot, add a tablespoon of olive oil and sear the roast on both sides. Shut the pressure cooker off. Then add the remaining ingredients to the Instant Pot. The inspiration for this recipe comes from the Mississippi beef roast recipe, but I had to reinvent it to be lower carb.
The ingredients I used for the Instant Pot butter beef are banana pepper rings, zesty Italian seasoning, ranch dressing mix and a stick of butter. I use about a quarter cup of the pepper ring juice as well. I just pour it all over the top of the beef roast along with a cup of water and call it good. Then place the lid on the Instant Pot and lock it into place. Set the vent valve to seal and then put it on manual for 60 minutes. For reference, it took my Instant Pot about 15 minutes to pressurize. My roast was not fully thawed. When the Instant Pot is finished and shuts off, release the pressure.
Then start shredding the beef or cutting it apart. I use a pair of salad scissors on mine to help the process. Note – if the beef for some reason is not done or tough, I have been known to put the lid back on and pressurize for another 10-15 minutes.
I placed my Instant Pot butter beef on top of pureed cauliflower while my kids made sandwiches with Hawaiian sweet rolls and put some over mashed potatoes too.
There isn’t much liquid at the bottom of the Instant Pot for a gravy, but there is enough to have the juices poured over top of the Instant Pot butter beef.
There will not be leftovers. Trust me.
Tips for Making Keto Instant Pot Butter Beef
- I prefer using chuck roasts for this recipe, but any beef roast can be used.
- Every roast thickness can be different. If the roast is still tough, try 15 minutes longer under pressure after cutting into smaller pieces.
- Don’t overdo the pepper juice. It can make the roast too salty with the salad dressing mix.
- Don’t have an Instant Pot, try the crock pot butter beef recipe. It is just as good and is still the best keto beef roast recipe.
Keto Instant Pot Recipes
Don’t miss out on Low-Carb and Keto Dieting Tips either!
Instant Pot Butter Beef
- 3 lb beef roast such as a chuck or arm roast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 pint jar pepper rings, drained with 1/4 cup of juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons zesty Italian seasoning mix
- 8 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup water
- Turn the Instant Pot or pressure cooker to saute or brown. Place the one tablespoon of olive oil in the bottom of the pot when it is hot. Sear both sides of the roast in the pot.
- Turn the pot off and pour the water, seasoning mixes, pepper rings, reserved juices on top of the beef roast. Place the stick of butter on top of the roast.
- Lock the lid onto the Instant Pot. Seal the valve. Manually set the time for 60 minutes of pressure. For larger roasts, it could take 90 minutes.
- When the cooking is complete, you can either allow for natural release or use the quick release. Cut up the beef with a salad sheers or break apart with forks.
- Serve with pureed cauliflower or mashed potatoes.
Affiliate links were used in this post. A portion of each item purchased through an affiliate link comes back to me.
- Roast Beef Hawaiian Roll Sliders – Sandy’s Sandwiches - October 10, 2020
- Brussels Sprouts with Pecans and Honey - September 30, 2020
- English Muffin Egg Cups – Individual Breakfast Casseroles - September 27, 2020