Cake mix brownies are easy to make brownies with a fudgy texture made with a chocolate cake mix, eggs, water, and oil. Take these brownies up a notch with a ganache frosting. I have a problem. I can't have dessert around or I EAT IT ALL. Therefore my poor family never gets dessert. But, lately, I can't keep either of my kids filled up. So, when I started flipping through the Everyday Simple Suppers from Gooseberry Patch, I decided I could make the dessert. Especially one that is as quick and easy as cake mix brownies.
Let me just tell you, these brownies require a meat fork to eat as fast as this kid ate his brownie!
Seriously, if you look that happy after shoveling brownie into your mouth with a fork that size, you know it has to be good. Plus, it was oh so simple. These brownies are a cinch. A standard cake mix, water, oil, and an egg. That's it, people.
How to Make Cake Mix Brownies
How to Make 2-Minute Chocolate Frosting
I made this awesome 2-minute frosting. I sort of took this 1-minute frosting and tweaked. Dark chocolate, butter, milk, powdered sugar. Yes, Please!!
Cake Mix Recipes
Cake Mix Brownies
- 18.25 ounce chocolate cake mix
- 1 egg beaten
- ⅓ cup oil
- ⅓ cup water
- Stir cake mix, egg, oil and water together in a bowl to make a thick batter.
- Spread batter in a greased 13x9 pan and back on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Spread frosting or other desired frosting toppings.
And you know you want the frosting recipe too!!
2 Minute Chocolate Frosting
- 1 ¾ cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup regular or evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Combine chocolate chips, milk, butter and vanilla in microwave-proof bowl. Microwave on full power for 30-40 seconds.
- Remove and whisk. If chocolate chips are frozen like mine, microwave again for 30 seconds. Whisk again until chocolate chips melt and mixture is smooth.
- Add powdered sugar by sifting to ensure smoothest frosting and continue to whisk until smooth.
- Spread the frosting while still warm. This will help the frosting spread easier and keep you from damaging the cake or brownies.
Affiliate links were used.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021