We are a lover of meatballs in this house. We also are hoarders of all things pork. While we have a freezer full of pork I am also a regular purchaser of chorizo, smoked sausages, brats, and breakfast sausage. The most versatile type of pork is ground pork. I am obsessed with ground pork. Because of this, I have become a regular maker of low-carb sausage balls. The great thing about this recipe is it can easily be used for the filling of stuffed mushrooms or jalapeno poppers.
These sausage balls are perfect for breakfast, lunch or supper. They are versatile and perfect reheated too.
Low-Carb Sausage Balls
Low-Carb sausage balls use ground pork, cream cheese, parmesan and shredded cheeses to form the base for an oven baked pork meatball. Add your favorite seasoning for your favorite flavoring, like cajun or BBQ seasoning.
In a medium bowl, combine the pork sausage and three kinds of cheese. Add the seasoning of your picking. I love these sausage balls with cajun seasoning.
Keep any leftover sausage balls in a microwave safe container for a quick reheat. Leftover low-carb sausage balls will be perfect the next day for a quick breakfast or leftovers at lunch.
More Low-Carb Sausage Recipes
Low-Carb Sausage balls
- 1 pound ground pork or sausage
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup colby jack shredded cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon cajun or BBQ seasoning
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl. Using a mix and chop or your hands, completely incorporate all the ingredients together.
- Roll into golf ball sized meatballs. Place on a parchment paper-lined jelly roll pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes on 400 degrees.
Shared on Weekend Potluck.