Do you ever open an old cookbook and start flipping through the recipes and smirk at the recipes? I have an old Ladies Aid cookbook from my home church. I was actually looking for some old recipes from my grandma when I ran across a recipe for snickers cake. It seemed too simple and too good to just not make. I made a few tweaks, but the results were amazing. Snickers cake recipe takes a chocolate cake mix up a notch by filling it with caramel, peanuts and chocolate chips making for the cake version of a favorite candy bar.
Go ahead and get the oven turned on and grab a chocolate cake mix. We are making Snickers Cake!
Chocolate Cake with Caramel Ingredients
The ingredients are baking staples in my mind:
- chocolate cake mix - the cake mix plus the ingredients you need to make the cake according to the box directions.
- caramels - the normal square caramels you peel the wrapper off of will be fine but I also love the new melting caramels in similar packages.
- butter - make the caramel sauce even better with butter. 100% real butter only.
- peanuts - the cake is called snickers cake so you have to have peanuts. However, this cake is so good even without the peanuts.
- chocolate chips - more chocolate is always better. Take it up a notch with chocolate chips.
The Best Chocolate Cake Recipe - Snickers Cake
Make the chocolate cake mix according to the package directions. Easy peasy. The pour half of the batter in a greased 13x9 pan.
Bake on 350 degrees for 20 minutes and remove from the oven. When the baking time is almost up, start melting the caramels, butter, and milk together. Also, chop the peanuts into smaller pieces. After the 20 minutes is up, pour the caramel over the cake, sprinkle the chocolate chips and peanuts over the caramel sauce. Then pour the remaining cake batter over it all.
Other Great Cake Mix Recipes
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 14 ounce bag of caramels
- ½ cup butter
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanuts chopped
- Mix cake mix according to directions on the box.
- Pour ½ the cake batter into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Melt caramels, butter, and milk. Microwave on 30-second intervals until completely melted and combined.
- When the 20 minutes are up, pour the caramel sauce over the cake. Sprinkle the chocolate chips and peanuts over the sauce. Pour the remaining cake mix batter over the peanuts and chocolate chips.
- Bake on 250 degrees for 20 minutes and then on 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Serve with whipped cream.
Shared on Weekend Potluck