As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
My family is a big fan of anything they can eat on the move. Not that we don’t enjoy sitting down and digging into a knife and fork meals like pan-fried pork chops, but my son requests my sloppy joe sticks about once a week. In an effort to change up things, I decided to give his favorite burger a try for a similar recipe. Frisco melt sticks were a hit! Who knew stuffed Frisco melt burgers would be so easy and so good!
Frisco Melt Sticks combined browned hamburger with swiss cheese and a simple Frisco melt sauce to create the handheld stuffed Frisco Melt burgers. Ready in under 30 minutes and easily able to eat on the go, these Frisco melt sticks are perfect for a busy family.
Frisco Melt Sticks
Begin by browning the ground beef in a skillet with your favorite burger or steak seasoning. I used two tablespoons for a pound of ground beef. While the beef is browning, roll out the refrigerator classic pizza crust dough on a cookie sheet. Also, cut the block of Swiss cheese into eight sticks.
To make the Frisco Sauce, combine the thousand island and French dressings to make the sauce. Stir to completely combine.
When they are done baking, some cheese and sauce may be using out. Just adds to the appeal of these stuffed Frisco Melt burgers. Using a cookie spatula, scoop each Frisco melt stick off the cookie sheet before the cool down too much.
Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Frisco Melt Sticks
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons burger or steak seasoning
- 8 ounce block of Swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup thousand island dressing
- 1/4 cup French Dressing
- 1 can classic crust refrigerator pizza dough
- In a skillet brown the ground beef with the burger or steak seasoning.
- While the beef is browning, roll out the pizza crust on a cookie sheet. Cut the dough into eight rectangles.
- Cut the 8-ounce block of Swiss Cheese into eight sticks. In a bowl combine the salad dressings.
- When the meat is done, spoon the meat down the middle of each rectangle. Leave room around the edges to fold up.
- Top the meat with a Swiss cheese stick and then spoon the sauce over the cheese.
- Fold the dough around the meat and cheese.
- Bake on 425 degrees for 10 minutes or the dough is golden brown.
- Scoop off the pan when done baking. Some of the cheese and sauce may ooze out as it bakes.
- Bacon Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms – Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms - June 28, 2020
- Easy Summer Dinner Ideas - June 22, 2020
- The Ultimate Baked Tacos – Creamy Ground Beef Baked Tacos - June 13, 2020