My family is a big fan of anything they can eat on the move. Not that we don't enjoy sitting down and digging into a knife and fork meals like pan-fried pork chops, but my son requests my sloppy joe sticks about once a week. In an effort to change up things, I decided to give his favorite burger a try for a similar recipe. Frisco melt sticks were a hit! Who knew stuffed Frisco melt burgers would be so easy and so good!
Frisco Melt Sticks combined browned hamburger with swiss cheese and a simple Frisco melt sauce to create the handheld stuffed Frisco Melt burgers. Ready in under 30 minutes and easily able to eat on the go, these Frisco melt sticks are perfect for a busy family.
Frisco Melt Sticks
This recipe uses simple ingredients of ground beef, Swiss cheese, pizza dough, steak seasoning and Frisco sauce made from thousand island and French dressings.
Begin by browning the ground beef in a skillet with your favorite burger or steak seasoning. I used two tablespoons for a pound of ground beef. While the beef is browning, roll out the refrigerator classic pizza crust dough on a cookie sheet. Also, cut the block of Swiss cheese into eight sticks.
Cut the dough into eight rectangles. Spoon the cooked and seasoned ground beef down the middle of each rectangle. Then top with a stick of the Swiss cheese.
To make the Frisco Sauce, combine the thousand island and French dressings to make the sauce. Stir to completely combine.
Spoon or pour the Frisco sauce over the top of each ground beef and Swiss cheese stick.
Wrap the edges of the dough around the Frisco melt burgers and seal them up. Bake the Frisco melt sticks for 10-12 minutes on 425 degrees.
When they are done baking, some cheese and sauce may be using out. Just adds to the appeal of these stuffed Frisco Melt burgers. Using a cookie spatula, scoop each Frisco melt stick off the cookie sheet before the cool down too much.
The Frisco Melt Sticks will be full of flavor. The tanginess from the Frisco sauce combines with Swiss cheese make these stuff Frisco melt burgers downright addicting.
These are the perfect weeknight meal. I definitely have classic pizza crust dough in the fridge all the time. Look for more quick weeknight meals? These are a few of our favorites.
Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes
Sloppy Joe Sticks - Handheld Sloppy Joes
One Pot Frisco Melt Hamburger Helper
Frisco Melt Sticks
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons burger or steak seasoning
- 8 ounce block of Swiss cheese
- ½ cup thousand island dressing
- ¼ cup French Dressing
- 1 can classic crust refrigerator pizza dough
- In a skillet brown the ground beef with the burger or steak seasoning.
- While the beef is browning, roll out the pizza crust on a cookie sheet. Cut the dough into eight rectangles.
- Cut the 8-ounce block of Swiss Cheese into eight sticks. In a bowl combine the salad dressings.
- When the meat is done, spoon the meat down the middle of each rectangle. Leave room around the edges to fold up.
- Top the meat with a Swiss cheese stick and then spoon the sauce over the cheese.
- Fold the dough around the meat and cheese.
- Bake on 425 degrees for 10 minutes or the dough is golden brown.
- Scoop off the pan when done baking. Some of the cheese and sauce may ooze out as it bakes.
Shared on Weekend Potluck and Monday Meal Plan
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023