During the summer I try to make as much as possible outside on the grill. One evening I decided to even make my salad on the grill after having several grilled salads while I had been traveling. It was so simple to make these grilled romaine salads from romaine hearts simply cut in half and grilled and then topped off with prosciutto, tomatoes, cheese, lemon juice, and olive oil.
This salad is perfect to make right before you eat. Once you have taken your meat off the grill to let it rest before eating you can put the lettuce on the grill to make the salad. The grilled romaine salad will be done when the meat is also done resting.
This grilled romaine salad is a quick and easy salad recipe. It takes less than five minutes to make this simple yet flavorful salad. To begin, cut the romaine hearts in half and place on the grill cut side down in an indirect heat area.
Leave on the grill for five minutes or until the leave begin to wilt and char. Pull off the grill and place on a plate cut side up. It is time to load this salad up with lots of your favorite toppings.
To the top of my salad, I added sliced prosciutto, tomatoes, bell peppers, and shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese. Add your favorite toppings. If you don't have prosciutto use ham or bacon pieces in its place. Grilling the salad toppings with the salad would also be fantastic.
Over the top of the grilled salad and salad, toppings drizzle olive oil and squeeze lemon juice for a light dressing. A hot bacon dressing would also be amazing for this salad.
Grilled Romaine Salad
- 2 hearts of romaine
- 8 ounces prosciutto, ham or bacon crumbles
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 pepper
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella and parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon
- Cut the hearts of romaine in half and place on the grill cut side down in an indirect heat area.
- Grill lettuce halves for five minutes or until the lettuce begins to wilt and char. Remove from the grill and plate cut side up.
- Top the lettuce with the toppings and then drizzle with the olive oil. Squeeze the lemon juice over the top the salad.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
shared on weekend potluck.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021