Creamy grape salad is an easy 5-ingredient fruit salad recipe made with red and green grapes, cream cheese, sour cream, and brown sugar for an amazing chilled dessert. Whenever my extended family gets together for holidays, everyone has the “thing” they bring. My cousin brought this one year and it stole the show. With the heatwave hitting this summer fruit salad is becoming my go-to cold treat to take to potlucks and cookouts.
Creamy Grape Salad Ingredients
There a lot of variations of this recipe on the internet. Spicy Southern Kitchen makes a very similar salad with pecans which I personally love, but I know not all people love nuts. I also was in a hurry and didn’t know where my nuts were in the midst of my kitchen remodel.
- Red and Green Grapes
- Cream Cheese
- Sour Cream
- Brown Sugar
- Vanilla (optional)
How to Make Cream Cheese Grape Salad
Start with two pounds of red grapes and two pounds of green grapes. Pull the grapes from the stems and rinse with cold water. I make my grape salad in a trifle bowl.
When smooth and creamy, pour the cream cheese and sour cream dressing over the grapes. Make sure this is in a large bowl, or mix the grapes in parts.
Sprinkle more brown sugar to the top of the cream cheese grape salad. Refrigerate until you are ready to serve or head to the potluck. Be warned, people will start eating the grapes with their fingers as soon as you set it on the counter.
Cream Cheese Grape Salad
- 2 pounds red grapes
- 2 pounds green grapes
- 1 cup sour cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, divided
- Remove all the grapes from the stems. Rinse with cold water and put in a large serving bowl.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the softened cream cheese, sour cream and 1/2 cup of the brown sugar. When smooth, pour over the grapes.
- Mix the cream cheese dressing into all the grapes. Sprinkle the remaining, 1/4 cup brown sugar over the top of the salad.
- Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve.