Chili is an easy go-to meal at our house. Everyone in our house loves chili. When eating low carb things like chili can become a challenge. Here in Indiana lots of people put pasta in their chili. Everything from spaghetti noodles to macaroni can be found in a traditional Hoosier chili. I was raised on a bean and ground beef chili. Beans can also be a carb killer. This is why I had to figure out a way to have low-carb chili or I wouldn't make it through an Indiana winter.
Low-Carb Chili Ingredients
The ingredients are the base of the chili I make on a regular basis with all the carbs. Actually it is the base for even my Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Chili. This is a flavorful and smokey chili with the bacon and the smoked chipotle chili powder in it.
How to Make Low-Carb Chili
In a large dutch oven, start by sauteing the bacon in a large Dutch oven.
Place the ground beef and ground pork in the Dutch oven on top of the bacon. Then add the diced onions and garlic to the Dutch oven.
Add Better than Bouillon, chili powder and salt to the beef and onions. Cook the combination until the meat is all completely cooked. Add the crushed tomatoes and fire-roasted tomatoes to the meat. I actually used the fire-roasted salsa style tomatoes with roasted peppers in the mix on this batch. It might be a normal thing I use moving forward. It added a lot of flavor to the chili.
Bring on the cool weather! Chili season needs to get here.
If you want to doctor this chili up for your family, the Reese's Peanut Butter Cup Chili is going to soon become your family's favorite chili recipe. Regardless of how you make it, this is will be a base chili recipe you want to use.
- ½ pound bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork or sausage
- 4 cloves garlic, mined
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons Chipotle chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Chilli powder
- 2 tablepoons Better than Bouillon, Beef Flavored
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 14.5 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Begin cooking cut bacon in the bottom of a Dutch oven. When bacon is half cooked add the beef and pork. Break apart to begin cooking.
- Add the onion and garlic to the meat. Stir to combine Add half the chili powder and chipotle powder. Add the Better than Bouillon. Continue to cook until the meat is fully cooked.
- Pour the crushed tomatoes and fire-roasted tomatoes to the meat. Stir in the salt and beans.
- Let simmer for 30 minutes or more.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021