Breakfast pizza, a gas station delicacy to many a midwesterner. You all know you love Casey's breakfast pizza. One morning post swim practice I decided to give my try to a cheesy bacon breakfast pizza for the swimmer to inhale. The breakfast pizza was so easy to make it will become a regular breakfast staple.
Cheesy bacon breakfast pizza is made with a refrigerated pizza crust, cheese sauce, scrambled egg, and bacon topped off with more cheese and garlic butter for a decadent breakfast treat. You will literally be licking your fingers with this recipe.
Breakfast Pizza Ingredients
- Pizza dough - Refrigerator thin-crust worked perfectly for me.
- Cheese Sauce - [amazon_textlink asin='B0029JXQBK' text='Ragu double cheddar sauce' template='ProductLink' store='farmwifedrink-20' marketplace='US' link_id='fdf9465a-5ead-4307-967f-64fdf03e2814'] is what I used but the [amazon_textlink asin='B013C1DLAE' text='Velveeta cheese sauce' template='ProductLink' store='farmwifedrink-20' marketplace='US' link_id='ef15f68a-57f2-4f76-b173-b236c72303d0'] might work perfectly too.
- Eggs - Scrambled to the ultimate fluffiness.
- Meat - For me this was bacon. Sausage would also be tasty.
- Shredded cheese - Always means colby-jack in my world.
- Garlic Salt
How to Make Breakfast Pizza
To make this cheesy bacon breakfast pizza, start by spreading the thin pizza dough out on a jelly roll pan. Bake the pizza dough for 7 minutes on 400°. While the pizza crust is baking, make your scrambled eggs and fry your bacon. For the pizza I made 8 eggs. Everyone has their secret to making scrambled eggs. My friend Stacy has a great method for making fluffy scrambled eggs. Chop the scrambled eggs a bit for easier spooning onto the pizza crust.
Back to the pizza crust... When the pizza crust is just starting to brown, remove from the oven and spread cheese sauce over the crust. This is your pizza sauce. Next, spoon the eggs over the cheese sauce. Finally, crumble the bacon over the eggs.
Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Pizza
- 1 can refrigerator thin pizza crust
- 8 slices bacon
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup cheese sauce
- 1 cup shredded colby-jack cheese
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Spread the pizza crust out in the bottom of a jelly roll pan. Bake at 400° for 7 minutes.
- While the crust bakes, fry the slices of bacon. Additionally scramble eggs and cook them until fluffy and not completely dry.
- Crumble the bacon and break the eggs into pizza.
- To the top of the partially cooked crust, spread the cheese sauce. Top with the eggs and then the crumbled bacon.
- Spread the shredded cheese over the eggs. Melt the butter and garlic salt to drizzle over the shredded cheese.
- Bake for an additional 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and crust edges are browned.
- Cut into 12 pieces.
- Spicy Ranch 7-Layer Taco Dip - Single Serving Option - September 6, 2021
- Tomato Basil Sauce - Homemade Tomato Sauce Recipe - September 2, 2021
- Cucumbers and Sour Cream - How to Make Cucumber and Sour Cream Salad - July 25, 2021