A simple breakfast that is hearty is always a struggle. Crescent roll breakfast casserole is an easy-to-make sausage egg breakfast casserole recipe with 5 ingredients. My family loves how cheesy this breakfast casserole is while I love how easy it is to make.
This casserole takes less than 15 minutes to put together and then bakes for 30 minutes. No need to refrigerate or let it sit overnight. The casserole leftovers reheat well for breakfast the next day too.
Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
The core of this easy sausage breakfast casserole recipe are these ingredients:
- Crescent roll dough sheet - The sheets work perfectly for this recipe because there are no perforations. However, a can of crescent rolls not separated can work too.
- Eggs - Large Grade A eggs - the color of the shell doesn't matter. The insides of the eggs are all the same.
- Sausage - Ground breakfast sausage or ground pork with breakfast sausage seasoning added to the pork will work.
- Mozzarella cheese - Shredded mozzarella cheese is best for this recipe. But any shredded cheese can work in the recipe.
In addition to these base ingredients, milk, salt, and pepper are used when scrambling the eggs. If you are like me, these are staples in your house. Well, the four core ingredients are staples in my house.
How to Make an Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe
To make this sausage egg casserole, start by browning the breakfast sausage. While the sausage is browning, roll out the crescent rolls dough in a rectangle casserole dish. I used one that was slightly smaller than a 13x9 pan.
Then layer the browned sausage over the dough. Follow the sausage with three cups of mozzarella cheese. Next, scramble the eggs with the milk. Add additional salt and pepper to the eggs for more flavor.
Finally, pour the scrambled eggs over the entire casserole.
Then, bake the casserole at 350° for 30-35 minutes. The casserole should be bubbling around the edges and solid in the center.
Cut the sausage egg casserole into 8 pieces. For teenage boys, expect them to eat at least three of the eight pieces of the casserole.
Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole Variations and Substitutions
- Use Ham - Love breakfast casseroles with ham? No problem, use a pound of cubed ham in place of the crumbled sausage for a ham and cheese egg casserole.
- Substitute Swiss Cheese - If you use ham, Swiss cheese would be a fantastic substitution for mozzarella cheese. You can also use cheddar or pepper jack cheese in the crescent roll breakfast casserole recipe.
- Add Veggies - No reason you can't throw in your favorite omelet vegetables like onions, peppers, or mushrooms. Vegetables would also be fantastic in this breakfast casserole.
Easy Breakfast Recipes
Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
- Brown the breakfast sausage in a skillet. While the sausage is browning, roll the crescent roll dough out in a greased rectangle casserole dish, 13x9 or slightly smaller will work perfectly.
- Spread the browned sausage over the crescent rolls. Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Scramble the eggs with the milk. Add salt and pepper to your taste preference. Then pour over the cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked in the middle and bubbly around the edges.
Shared on Weekend Potluck and Meal Plan Monday.
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Did you mean bake at 350? Or was it suppose to be 305?
Sounds like it could be really delicious!
Total typo! 350 is the temperature to cook it on.
Great recipe! I did half sausage and half bacon, it was a hit!!!