A simple breakfast that is hearty is always a struggle. Crescent roll breakfast casserole is an easy-to-make sausage breakfast casserole recipe with 5 ingredients. My family loves how cheesy this breakfast casserole is while I love how easy it is to make.
This casserole takes less than 15 minutes to put together and then bakes for 30 minutes. No need to refrigerate or let it sit overnight. The casserole leftovers reheat well for breakfast the next day too.
Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole Ingredients
- Crescent roll dough sheet
- Mozzarella cheese
In addition to these base ingredients, milk, salt, and pepper are used when scrambling the eggs. If you are like me, these are staples in your house. Well, the four core ingredients are staples in my house.
How to Make an Easy Sausage Breakfast Casserole Recipe
To make this casserole, start by browning the breakfast sausage. While the sausage is browning, roll out the crescent rolls dough in a rectangle casserole dish. I used one that was slightly smaller than a 13x9 pan.
Then layer the browned sausage over the dough. Follow the sausage with three cups of mozzarella cheese. Next, scramble the eggs with the milk. Add additional salt and pepper to the eggs for more flavor.
Then, bake the casserole at 350° for 30-35 minutes. The casserole should be bubbling around the edges and solid in the center.
Crescent Roll Breakfast Casserole
- 1 tube crescent rolls
- 6 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 pound breakfast sausage
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°.
- Brown the breakfast sausage in a skillet. While the sausage is browning, roll the crescent roll dough out in a greased rectangle casserole dish, 13x9 or slightly smaller will work perfectly.
- Spread the browned sausage over the crescent rolls. Top with the mozzarella cheese.
- Scramble the eggs with the milk. Add salt and pepper to your taste preference. Then pour over the cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until the eggs are fully cooked in the middle and bubbly around the edges.