Baked tacos are becoming a regular weeknight meal around our house. Creamy ground beef baked tacos are made with corn or flour shells, ground beef, taco seasoning, cream cheese, and salsa and topped with shredded cheese. If you are looking for an easy ground beef dinner ideas, these tacos are so simple and also great for Taco Tuesday.
This recipe can be made with ground pork, shredded chicken, or even beans. The simplicity of the baked taco recipe is what makes it versatile as well. There is plenty of cheese in this recipe to also make the tacos a gooey, crunchy combination.
To make these cheesy baked tacos, you need many of the same ingredients for ground beef tacos or ground beef enchiladas. I recommend some specific ingredients to help make these tacos even easier to make.
- Ground beef, pork, turkey or chicken
- Taco Seasoning
- Cream Cheese
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Stand and Stuff hard taco shells
How to Make Ground Beef Baked Tacos
Begin making these ground beef tacos just like you would regular tacos, by browning the hamburger or ground pork. Add taco seasoning to the meat according to the package directions after the beef is completely cooked. For my Penzey's taco seasoning, I use a tablespoon of taco seasoning for a pound of ground beef.
When the meat is cooked, mix into the ground beef cream cheese and salsa. Restaurant-style salsa works better for this recipe as there are not as many tomato chunks. However, the chunky style salsa will work just fine. Softened cream cheese mixes easiest into the meat. If it isn't softened, pop the cream cheese into the microwave for 30 seconds to soften it up.
When the creamy ground beef mixture is done, place the taco shells in a 13X9 pan or a rectangular casserole pan. Place them close enough together so they help stand each other up. Also, put them across the top of the pan to fill it up with as many tacos as possible.
Then put the cheesy ground beef mixture into the tacos, filling them about half full. Spread the mixture out so it is filling the shell from end to end for the maximized taco eating experience.
Finally, top the tacos off with shredded Mexican cheese blend. A cheddar, pepper jack, or colby-jack cheese would also work well on top of the meat mixture. Cover the ground beef completely with cheese.
Then bake the ground beef tacos for 10 minutes at 350°. The cheese will be completely melted while the taco shells will begin to brown from the baking. Every oven runs differently, so keep an eye on the tacos while they bake.
While the tacos are baking, get your taco toppings ready. We love sour cream, pico de Gallo, lettuces, and guacamole on our tacos. Load the tacos up individually or completely in the pan.
Creamy Ground Beef Baked Tacos
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup salsa
- 8 crunchy taco shells
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- taco toppings
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet. When cooked completely, add the taco seasoning and stir together.
- Mix the cream cheese and salsa with the cooked taco meat.
- Place the taco shells in a rectangular baking dish. Then fill half full with the meat mixture. Top with the shredded cheese.
- Bake the taco for 10 minutes at 350° or until the cheese is melted and shells turning brown around the edges.
- Top the tacos with your favorite taco toppings like lettuce, tomatoes, sour cream, and avacado.
Shared on Weekend Potluck
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021