As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Teriyaki Pork on a Stick is a simple pork marinade recipe made from soy sauce, brown sugar, pineapple juice, and ginger that is perfect for grilled pork. This recipe is great for pork chops, ham steaks, or the pork loin roast ends I used for this pork on a stick recipe. It also is great for chicken and beef.
This teriyaki recipe was derived from my teriyaki beef cubed steak recipe. This recipe is so versatile, I decided to try making a similar recipe for pork. We have a freezer full of pork, so I am always looking for ways to change up my pork chops, pork steaks, and pork roasts.
Teriyaki Pork Ingredients
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Pineapple juice
How to Make Grilled Teriyaki Pork on a Stick
Begin by slicing the ends of a pork loin roast. I buy large pork loins from Sam’s or Costco. The end that trails off is perfect for skewering. Slice the pork into one-inch strips.
Make the teriyaki marinade by combining the soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, garlic, and ginger together. Stir to completely dissolve the brown sugar. Place the pork strips into a bag and then pour the marinade over the pork strips.
Grilled Pork Recipes
Grilled Teriyaki Pork on a Stick
- 2 pounds Pork loin roast ends cut in 1 inch strips against the grain
- 3/4 cup of soy sauce
- 3/4 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ginger
- green onions for garnish
- Combine brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, and garlic together in a large bowl.
- Place pork slices into the marinade and stir to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Remove pork from the marinade, and thread pork slices in a zig-zag onto the skewers.
- Place skewers on preheated 350° grill until the pork is cooked through, about 3 -5 minutes per side.
- Remove from grill and garnish with sliced green onions.