Lemon Bites are delicious bite-sized lemon cupcakes topped off with homemade lemon glaze. Many times referred to as Lemon Blossoms, these mini lemon cupcakes are delicious bite-sized treats made with a lemon cake mix and vanilla pudding mix! A mini muffin pan, donut pan, or even a mini bundt cake pan is used to bake these amazing mini lemon cakes. The easy lemon glaze soaks into the mini cupcakes, donuts, or mini bundts and is a simple, incredibly delicious lemon cake mix recipe!
This recipe is very similar to Paula Deen's lemon blossoms, but of course, I can't help using a cake mix and changing up an already good recipe. I love using cake mixes to make easy dessert recipes. These mini lemon cupcakes taste just like a lemon drop bite.
Ingredients for Lemon Blossoms
To make these amazing lemon bites, you will just need a few ingredients.
- Lemon Cake Mix
- Vanilla Pudding Mix
- Powdered Sugar
- Lemon Juice
How to Make Lemon Drop Bites
Making these simple lemon blossoms starts by mixing the lemon cake mix and vanilla pudding together in a large bowl. Then add the eggs and melted butter to the mixture. Beat the liquids and dry ingredients together. The batter will be fairly thick.
Spray with cooking spray a mini cupcake pan, donut pan, or mini bundt cake pan to make these lemon bites. My go-to for this recipe is the mini cupcake pan. I also love the silicone mini cupcake pans. However, the silicon pans to be more shallow than the metal mini cupcakes pans. Let me tell you, do not fill the cupcake tins. They will grow as they bake. Half to three-quarters full will be plenty of fill.
While the mini lemon drop cupcakes are baking, make the lemon glaze. Make the glaze by mixing the milk, lemon juice, and powdered sugar.
The lemon bites will be sponge or springy to the touch when they are done. Let cool for several minutes and remove from the pan.
Other Cake Mix Recipes to Try:
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 box vanilla instant pudding
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup butter melted
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3-4 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix the cake mix and pudding mix together. Then add the melted butter and eggs.
- Beat for at least 1 minute. Batter will be thick.
- Spray mini cupcake pan with cooking spray. Fill the muffin tins half full with batter.
- Bake for 12-minutes. Turn halfway through if the oven bakes unevenly.
- Prepare the lemon glaze by mixing the powdered sugar, milk, and lemon juice together. Add more milk if the glaze is too thick. Add more powdered sugar if too runny.
- When the bites are bakes, let cool for five minutes. Then remove from the pan by running a knife around the tin and then dip into the lemon glaze.
- Let cool and then enjoy.