7-Up lemon pepper grilled chicken recipe is marinated in 7-Up and garlic. Grilled lemon pepper chicken breasts have never tasted so good. Once in a while, I accidentally make a really great recipe. This 7-Up lemon pepper grilled chicken was just that, an accident. But, this accident can happen anytime at my house if it means juicy, grilled chicken breasts.
The problem with accidental recipes is no step-by-step photos because I had no intention of blogging this recipe. At all. But then my kids took one look at my chicken I had made and ditched the cheeseburgers I had made for them. Yep, they wanted my chicken I was hoping to eat off of for the next few days. And they at it all.
7-Up Lemon Pepper Grilled Chicken
Maybe it was because it marinated for two days in the fridge in 7-Up and garlic. Maybe it was because I so rarely make chicken. Regardless, both kids ate it. Both of them devoured their chicken breasts between two slices of bread. Gone
If I were to accidentally make this all over again, I would marinade the chicken for 24 hours in 7-Up, Sprite, Sierra Mist, whatever you have on hand. Peel and smash a clove of garlic for every chicken piece you are marinading, and a teaspoon of peppercorns.
When ready to grill, I would remove the chicken from the marinade and place the garlic under the skin of the chicken. For skinless chicken, I would put the garlic under one of the folds of the chicken. Seasoning the chicken liberally with lemon pepper seasoning. Grill till juices run clear.
Enjoy alone. Boneless chicken? Enjoy as a sandwich. Cut it up and throw it on a summer salad. Just make this if you love grilled chicken.
Grilled Chicken Recipes
Grilled Bacon-Wrapped BBQ Chicken
7-Up Lemon Pepper Grilled Chicken
- 1 pound of chicken pieces
- 1 cup 7-Up Sprite or Sierra Mist
- 4-5 peel and smashed garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon of peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Place chicken pieces in a zipper seal bag and place chicken inside. Pour 7-Up over chicken. Put garlic and peppercorns in the bag. Seal the bag and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Prior to grilling, remove chicken from marinade. Place garlic either under the chicken skin or in a fold of the meat.
- Grill over medium high heat of 350 degrees till chicken reaches 165 degrees and juices run clear.
[inlinkz_linkup id=529182 mode=1]
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin andPotatoes - May 30, 2023
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
Oh, that chicken looks fabulous. What a great idea to flavour the chicken by using soda. I definitely will try that recipe. Thanks so much for sharing it!
Best wishes, Sylvie
7-UP LEMON PEPPER GRILLED CHICKEN LOOKS DELICIOUS.
Your blog is impressive, thanks to the quality of your recipes & other content. We would be glad if you would participate on Contestchef so that your quality recipes can contest with other such bloggers/ recipe creators and win accolades from various players in the global food industry.
Contestchef is a global forum for food/ recipe bloggers to showcase their skills to the world. This is a one of a kind concept and backed by food conglomerates around the world. Several recipe creators/bloggers are already contesting on Contestchef.
Click to join Contestchef
Wao...love this...looks yummy. thanks for sharing.i have added another recipe in my list...Thank you.