When Amy over at A Latte with Ott, A announced her Iron Chef Challenge with Ocean Mist Artichokes, I wanted to try something new for the challenge. But after all the searching for the perfect recipe, I didn't find quite the right one. So, I decided to create my own. Cheesy Artichoke Bread is a simple appetizer combining artichoke hearts with lots of cheese, garlic, and onions on Italian bread for perfect finger food for any party.
Cheesy Artichoke Bread
Now, many of you may be like me and love using fresh artichokes, but I love the convenience canned artichokes give me when I don't have lots of time. This weeknight dish was made with a jar of artichoke hearts.
Tear out the inner flesh of the bread leaving about ½ inch of bread remaining.
Then chop up the artichokes, fresh or canned. You will need about two cups of artichokes. Also, chop up four garlic cloves.
Then I couldn't decide what to use for the "sauce" so I used all my choices. Yep, mayo, cream cheese, and sour cream. All "light" of course.
Stir it all up and add 1 cup colby-jack cheese.
Then stir it all together for a cheesy artichoke filling for the cheesy artichoke bread.
Followed it up by adding about half of the bread I removed earlier from the loaf to the mix along with some salt and pepper.
Spoon the mixture into the wells of the bread.
I used a pizza slicer to cut each half of the bread into 8 slices.
Cheesy artichoke bread is perfect to make again for a future party or appetizer for dinner night.
Hearty Appetizer Recipes
Buttery Three Cheese Ham Sandwiches
Copycat Olive Garden Breadsticks with Red Star Yeast
Cheesy Artichoke Bread
- 1 loaf Italian Bread, not sliced but can be cut in half lengthwise
- 14 ounce jar artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- 2 cups colby-jack cheese
- ½ teaspoon salt
- pinch pepper
- Cut the bread in half lengthwise if not already cut. Pull out the bread from the inside of the loaf to have the bread be hollowed out. Reserve the bread pieces and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Combine the artichokes, garlic, green onions, sour cream, cream cheese, mayonnaise, 1 cup of cheese, and salt and pepper in a bowl. Stir the reserved pieces of bread into the combination.
- Spoon the artichoke mixture into the hollowed out Italian bread halves. Top with remaining 1 cup of cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes on 350 degrees.
- When done baking, slice each half into 8 slices.
Now head on over and find other great artichoke recipes!
- Old Fashioned Strawberry Tapioca Salad - Pink Fluff - March 5, 2023
- Arroz Con Carne Molida Recipe - Mexican Rice with Ground Beef Skillet - February 27, 2023
- Baked Tortellini with Meat Sauce - February 19, 2023
Looks delish and I love that you just whipped it up on your own. thanks for linking up to the Iron Chef Challenge!!!
Heather @ 3 kids and lots of pigs
This looks amazing and I am so totally jealous that you just whipped it up.
LIKE LIKE LIKE!
Love this! Can't wait to have an excuse to make it.
Dag nabbit good stuff you whpaeersnppiprs!