How to Make Cheesy Pizza Loaf
Just like any pizza, we all have our personal preferences for toppings. You pick what you want or what you have on hand to top your pizza loaf. You don't have to use all the ingredients I used for this cheesy pizza loaf.
I started with hamburger for the base of my pizza. After all, I ♥ Beef! Feel free to use Italian sausage too. Grab some of my favorite spices for Italian food.
I added 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning, ½ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper and 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce to the ground beef as it browned.
Luckily, I had gotten a loaf of Italian bread to have on hand for the big ice storm that hit the midwest this week. Never know when you might need something filling to eat. Plus they are fairly inexpensive. $1.50 at the local super-center.
Just cut the loaf in half lengthwise.
Once my hamburger was browned, I added a cup of cubed ham, ½ an onion diced and 3 or 4 mushrooms, sliced. I continued to cook until mushrooms and onions were just tender.
Combine the sauce get hot and bubbly. Remove from heat.
Spread the mixture on one half of the Italian loaf.
Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. If you have pepperoni slices, go ahead and put those on top of the shredded cheese.
Cook on 350 degrees until cheese gets completely melted. About 15 minutes.
Bake on 350 for about 5-6 minutes. Pull out an sprinkle with a cup or two of mozzarella cheese. Stick under the broiler till cheese is melted and browned. Well, not brown if you don't like it that way, but I like it that way.
Slice it up and enjoy!
Cheesy Pizza Loaf
- 1 pound hamburger or ground pork
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cubed ham
- ½ onion, diced
- ½ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 15 pepperoni slices
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut in half longways
- In a large skillet, brown hamburger or ground pork with seasoning, Worcestershire sauce.
- When meat is completely cooked, add ham, onions, and mushrooms. Cook till onions are tender.
- Add the pizza sauce to the meat and vegetable combination.
- Let simmer. While it simmers, take the bread halves and hollow out by tearing bread out to make the bread resemble a boat. Start with the top half. The bottom half can also be used to make garlic bread.
- Scoop the meat into the bread boat. Top with cheese and then top with pepperoni.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021