Low-Carb chicken cordon bleu soup combines shredded chicken with cream cheese, herbs and spices and broth to make this rich and creamy keto soup. I love soup weather. I also love how soups can easily be made to fit a low-carb recipe. One of my favorite low-carb casseroles is the low-carb chicken cordon bleu casserole. I simply used the base of this recipe to make a low-carb chicken cordon bleu soup. The low-carb chicken cordon bleu soup is creamy and flavorful. The richness will make it filling and comforting on a chilly winter night.
Like a few of my other low-carb recipes, this one is loved by even the people, not on low-carb diets. They won't even notice the lack of pasta or potatoes. Low-carb chicken cordon bleu soup is hearty with the chicken and ham and easy to make for dinner.
Low-Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup Ingredients
The soup has some simple ingredients just like my low-carb chicken cordon bleu casserole. .
The basics of the recipe are the following:
- chicken - I didn't have leftover chicken, but this recipe would be conducive to using leftover chicken. Instead, I cooked my frozen chicken in the instant pot while I prepared the base of the soup. I threw together some basic seasonings for the chicken. You could use lemon-pepper or basic chicken seasoning. I used a rotisserie chicken seasoning for mine. Once it is cooked, remove from the Instant Pot and chop up or shred it.
- ham - Cubed
- cream cheese
- swiss cheese
- heavy whipping cream
- Chicken broth
- Herbs and spics -
How to Make Keto Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup Recipe
To start the chicken cordon bleu soup, start by melting butter in the bottom of a dutch oven or large pot. Then follow with the cream cheese and heavy cream. Melt both down and add the diced ham. I buy pre-diced ham but again, feel free to use some leftover ham if you have it available. Stir to combine and add chicken broth. I added three to four cups of broth but started with three. You can use your judgment on how much broth you want based on how runny you want the soup to be.
Stir in the chicken. I let simmer on a very low heat for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. I then added the shredded swiss cheese. Continuously stir to melt the shredded cheese down.
Then add salt and pepper and parsley to taste. I like my soup with a half teaspoon of pepper and salt and a teaspoon of parsley. You can hold the soup over a low heat till ready to serve.
Garnish the keto chicken cordon bleu soup with more Swiss cheese. If you don't love swiss cheese feel free to use provolone or Monterey Jack cheese.
Tips for Making the Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- This low-carb soup freezes well too if you want to save some for later or portion it out for several different meals.
- If you don't like Swiss cheese or don't have any, substitute with Monterrey Jack cheese.
- To make this low-carb chicken cordon bleu soup recipe in the crock pot, combine the ingredients and place them in the crock pot for four hours on low heat.
Keto Soup Recipes
Low-carb soups are an easy way to eat quick keto meals. The great thing about this keto soup recipes is they also reheat so well.
Low-Carb Chicken Cordon Bleu Soup
- 2 pounds Chicken, cooked and diced
- 1 pound diced ham
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1½ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven or large pot. Add cream cheese to melted butter and melt.
- Add ham and heavy cream to melted butter and cream cheese. Stir to combine.
- To the ham add chicken and three cups of the chicken broth. SImmer on low for 5-10 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
- Stir in 1 cup of shredded Swiss cheese and continue to stir until the cheese is melted. If the soup isn't as liquidy as you like it, add the additional cup of broth. Finally, add salt and pepper and parsley.
- Serve with additional shredded cheese.
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin andPotatoes - May 30, 2023
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
how many servings
What are the nutrition facts for this? Carbs, fat, and others?
The Atkins diet is known to have made more fat people Fatter than any other "diet'. You simply cannot cut out fat from your diet. You need it for your metabolism. A better "diet" so to speak would be simply clean eating. Nothing processed, shop the peripheral areas of the gorcery store, eat every three hours.
Absolutely loved this soup! Just added smoked garlic. Big hit and I will be making it at least once a month!
How many cups is 2 pounds of chicken? How many cups is 1 pound of ham? Thanks for your help.
Honestly, I buy these items by the weight so I don’t know for sure. It is also somewhat dependent on what size of cubes the meat is when measured. Best guess is a cup and a half per pound.
How many carbs r in this
I can’t wait to try this. As I read the ingredient list and the directions I see it calls for 4 cups of chicken broth, and in the directions it says to add three cups. Then I don’t see where to add the 4th cup. Do I need 3 or 4 cups of broth. Planning to make this soon. Thanks for the recipe!
Always always always go back and read all info/tips before trying a recipe. If you go back to the recipe information at the top of the page you will see where she explained "3 or 4" cups... "Stir to combine and add chicken broth. I added three to four cups of broth but started with three. You can use your judgment on how much broth you want based on how runny you want the soup to be." But still it would have been nice of she responded to your inquiry or if that explanation was in the recipe directions...
Three cups is the minimum. If you want a thinner soup, add another cup.
Thanks for sharing. I’m looking forward to trying this. I have the same question today as I had in September. Does the recipe need 3 OR 4 cups of broth?
Start with three but if you want it to be a thinner soup, you can add another cup to make it four cups.
The ingredients list calls for 4 cups of broth but the instructions only say to add 3 cups of broth. Hpw many cups should I add?
Add the fourth cup dependent on how thick or thin you would like this soup.
One serving is 1275 calories?
This is the calories if you make this soup four servings. There is about 8+ cups of soup. So depending how much soup you eat will determine the actual amount of calories. I just chose 4 servings to let the people looking at the recipe that you easily can serve four people with this recipe. Hope this helps.
Hey Leah, what a great recipe! My husband and I loved this soup. I served mine over cauliflower rice and his over egg noodles. Delicious and simple!
Can you sub sour cream for the cream cheese?
absolutely. Cream cheese will work just fine.
This is good but make sure you use low sodium chicken broth. It is borderline too salty.
Wondering if this could be made in a crock pot similar to your chicken tortilla soup or taco soup recipes?