Rolo cake mix cookies are a simple cake mix cookie recipe with a caramel center from a Rolo candy made with just 4 ingredients. Friends, I am going to start this post with a warning. These Rolo cookies are an easy Rolo cake mix cookies recipe to make since they only have four ingredients, are to die for straight out of the oven, and are sure to guarantee a five-pound weight gain. So since you have read the warning, continue on reading.
These cookies are so easy to make you don't even need a mixer, my kids can hand mix these cookies and have them baked before I can even get the mixer out. I love using cake mixes to make cookies as you will see with the cream cheese cake mix cookies.
Rolo Cookie Ingredients
Obviously, the star of the cookie is the simple caramel in milk chocolate known as the Rolo. But the other star is the chocolate cake mix.
To make these Rolo cookies you will need these ingredients:
- Rolo Candies - You can buy the large ones or the small ones that come in a bag already peeled with the gold foil wraps.
- Triple Chocolate Cake Mix - The triple chocolate cake mix is my favorite for this recipe. Devil Foods or Chocolate cake mixes will work too
- Oil - Standard vegetable oil is what is best for this recipe.
- Eggs - Whole eggs at room temperature.
- Powdered Sugar - For dusting the cookies.
How to Make Rolo Cake Mix Cookies
The kids loved helping make these. As I mixed together ⅓ cup of oil and 2 eggs into the cake mix, the kids unwrapped Rolos. The dough will be a thick, slightly sticky dough. Then simply wrap the cookie cake mix dough around a Rolo.
When the Rolos are completely enclosed they will be the size of a golf ball. Be sure to leave more dough on the bottom of the cookie ball to make sure the caramel doesn't ooze out the bottom.
Bake for 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees. The Rolo Cake Mix Cookies will be soft when they are baked. Let them rest on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring to a cooling rack.
Dust with powdered sugar. Or don't. Either way, fill up your glass with milk and sit at the counter for a while. There will be about 24 cookies so make sure you are supervised with the cookies.
The cookies are filled with Rolo caramel goodness and are best eaten warm. Trust me you will want to break these cookies open.
Cake Mix Christmas Cookies and Treats
I am the queen of cake mix recipes. At this time of year, I am constantly looking for shortcuts for making baked treats. Here are some of my favorite cookie and cake mix Christmas cookie recipes.
Rolo Cookies - Rolo Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box Chocolate Cake Mix, 15.25 ounce
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 24 Rolos
- ½ cup powdered sugar optional
- Mix the cake mix, oil, and eggs together.
- Form the dough around each Rolo.
- Bake on 350 degrees for 7-8 minutes.
- Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.