I had a lot of meat soaking in marinades this weekend. We had friends over for steak on Saturday night, and then I took supper out to friends of ours who had a baby this week. For both occasions, the meat spent some time resting in a marinade. A good marinade is better shared. Here are the best steak and chicken marinade recipes for grilling season.
Easy Chicken Marinade Ingredients
- Olive Oil
- Dijon Mustard
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Honey Mustard Chicken Marinade
I mixed together ¼ of a cup of olive oil, juice from one large lemon, 1 tablespoon of honey, and Dijon mustard.
Mix together with a spoon or small whisk and then add salt and pepper to taste.
The Best Steak Marinade
- Worcestershire Sauce - I use a lot of Worcestershire sauce. So much that I buy it by the gallon now.
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Soy Sauce
- Dijon Mustard
- Steak Seasoning - But, let's not forget my favorite beef seasoning. Montreal Steak Seasoning.
How to Make an Easy Steak Marinade
Mix together ¼ of a cup of soy and Worcestershire sauce and balsamic vinegar, two tablespoons of Dijon mustard, 10 shakes of Tabasco, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and 1 tablespoon of steak seasoning.
I had some diced onions in the fridge, so I threw them in for add flavor. Not necessary.
Mix the ingredients together and pour over the steak in another large freezer Ziploc bag.
Great Grilling Recipes
Grilled Honey Mustard Chicken Marinade
- 2 pounds chicken
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup dijon or yellow mustard
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- Combine the honey, mustard, olive oil, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place the chicken in a large plastic bag and pour the honey mustard over the top of the chicken. Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken. Place in the fridge for 2 hours or longer.
- When ready to make chicken, preheat grill to 400°. Season the chicken with the lemon and pepper seasoning. Place the chicken on the grill
- Grill for 10 minutes on 400°. Flip the chicken over. Watch for flare up. Cook the chicken until it reaches an internal temperature of 165°
The Best Steak Marinade
- ¼ cup Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 2 steaks
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon steak seasoning
- 2 teaspoons tabasco
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Place steaks in large ziploc bag and pour beer over the steaks. Let marinade for 2-8 hours.
- Prepare steaks on grill or stove top to your temperature of choice.
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin andPotatoes - May 30, 2023
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
A nice meat marinade, but I do love lemon pepper on grilled chicken.
Your blog header cracks me up every time I visit! =)
oh man...this looks SO good!!
Thank you for linking up!
that looks awesome!
Marinades do take some extra planning but are totally worth it. these look delish!
Your Marinades look great! I will sure have to keep these on hand. Thank you for hosting and have a special week!
Glad I could help inspire you! Just linked up again - Salisbury Steaks with Mushroom Gravy.
I would never turn down a steak or lemon chicken! Yum. I love marinades and will try both of these! Thanks for sharing. I thought I linked up early this morning but I missed out somehow. I now am linked up with Cajun Kraut Casserole...and I made it with venison but it works with ham or sausage.
Oh.. this is really yummy. I found your linky..! yes! thanks a lot for hosting. I just linked my Shanghai Rolls.
If I had to choose one of those, I wouldn't know which one to choose. Both look fabulous to me. I've got to give them a try. Thanks for sharing your recipes!
Delish! I love using citrus for marinades and worcestershire is a must ;_)
how do i get an invitation to dinner at your place? these marinades look amazing..and so do all the sides. honey mustard is one of my favorite combinations. thank you for sharing with tuesday night supper club!