I am obsessed with these cucumber bites that are a simple naan bread or flatbread base with a seasoned cream cheese spread and topped off with sliced cucumbers. For anyone who loves cucumber sandwiches, this is a great recipe for cucumber pizza you will want to have for a quick snack or appetizer. I had something like this cucumber flatbread at a wedding shower recently and now make this for my family to snack on before dinner is ready. Cucumber pizza is very much like veggie pizza but without having to bake the crust.
I am a sucker for just snacking on sliced cucumber dipped in cream cheese, so it is no surprise I am always making this simple four-ingredient cucumber and cream cheese flatbread. I also love that you can change it up however you like.
Cucumber Pizza Ingredients
The four ingredients you need to make this super easy cucumber pizza recipe require no baking and very little prep work.
- Naan Bread - The large roasted garlic naan bread you can buy near your deli counter is what I use. I love the roasted garlic, but plain is good too. I have also used small individual-sized naan bread as well. Pita rounds and long flatbread work as well too.
- Whipped Cream Cheese - Honestly, a block of cream cheese can work too, but whipped cream cheese is just so much easier to mix and spread without having to wait for it to warm up.
- Italian Dressing Seasoning Mix - I always have zesty Italian seasoning mix on hand for everything from Italian beef to making dressings and marinades. It is perfectly mixed into whipped cream cheese.
- Cucumbers - Any kind of cucumber will work for this cucumber flatbread but I love using the English cucumbers
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to make an easy cucumber flatbread appetizer
Since there is no baking required in this flatbread recipe, you just need to assemble the ingredients to make this super easy veggie pizza appetizer.
Combine the Italian dressing seasoning mix with the whipped cream cheese.
Slice the cucumbers into thin slices and then set them aside.
Spread the seasoned cream cheese on the flat side of the naan bread.
Top off with the sliced cucumber slices. Chill before serving. Slice to serve.
Slice the cucumber flatbread into pieces that are as big as pizza slices or small cucumber bites that can be eaten in one bite. You will never make a veggie appetizer any other way.
Hint: Spreading the cream cheese on the flatter side of the bread is easier than the more bubbly side.
If you are craving this but need to have a dairy-free or gluten-free version, here are some recommendations on how to make these cucumber bites without dairy or gluten.
- Hummus - Looking to make something without dairy? Try using hummus instead of cream cheese for a dairy-free cucumber flatbread.
- Gluten-Free - Gluten-free pitas are fairly easy to find. There should also be gluten-free naan bread or flatbread options in most grocery stores.
Even if you only have one person who needs to be gluten or dairy free, you can make both the regular version and the diet-restricted version.
Variations to Cream Cheese Cucumber Bites
Change up this cucumber pizza with these simple ideas to take the base recipe and expand upon it for delicious versions.
- Pita Bread - While I prefer using naan bread, pita bread works fine for this recipe as well. I personally find pita bread dry.
- Flavored Cream Cheese - instead of Italian dressing seasoning and cream cheese, feel free to buy a flavored cream cheese like very veggie, garden vegetable, chive and onion, or garlic and herb.
- Add more veggies - This doesn't have to be just cucumbers. I have made this with diced carrots, onions, tomatoes, and garlic on it too. Make it as simple or full of garden veggies as you would like.
- Change up the Seasoning - Don't love Italian dressing, try using lemon-pepper seasoning, ranch seasoning, or even everything bagel seasoning. Make it spicier with a few red pepper flakes.
Here are the tools and seasonings you will need to make these amazing cucumber bites.
Can you make this flatbread appetizer ahead?
You definitely can prep all of these ingredients ahead of time. Mix the cream cheese and seasoning together and slice the cucumbers. However, I would not make the flatbreads more than 3-4 hours before you plan on serving them. The cream cheese will give the bread too much of a mushy texture.
No-Bake Appetizers with Less than 5 ingredients
Making appetizers doesn't have to be difficult. Appetizers don't have to be baked either. Here a some of my favorite easy-to-make appetizers that don't require any cooking.
Cucumber Pizza Recipe
- 8 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1 envelope Zesty Italian Seasoning
- 4 Teardrop Naan Bread, plain or roasted garlic flavor
- 2 English Cucumbers
- Mix the whipped cream cheese and Italian dressing mix together.
- Slice the cucumbers with a mandoline or knife.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the flat side of the naan bread.
- Lay the sliced cucumbers over the nana bread.
- Cut into bite sized pieces or triangles or squares like pizza pieces.