Low-Carb Taco Stuffed Peppers are a 9 net carb low carb stuffed pepper recipe with a queso sausage filling that is full of your favorite Mexican flavors and baked to form a cheesy crust over the peppers and sausage filling for a keto taco like dinner. Low-Carb Diets limit creativity sometimes. Sometimes cravings lead to creativity. When I was craving stuffed peppers I decided I could create a new version of a favorite traditional recipe. Low-Carb Taco Stuffed Peppers combine many of the flavors from my low-carb taco soup to create a fork and knife version of the soup and yummy stuffed pepper low-carb eaters or not will love.
Creating easy recipes for quick low-carb meals is a must for me. Low-Carb Taco Stuffed Peppers just take 30 minutes in the oven and you have dinner and hopefully enough for leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Low-Carb Taco Stuffed Pepper Ingredients
Creating this recipe is incredibly easy.
- Ground Pork - This recipe is another one of my recipes using ground pork. Ground pork should be super simple to find in the grocery store in the fresh pork section. If you can't find ground pork or don't want to use it, ground beef or turkey will work too.
- bell peppers - Any color of bell peppers will work. Green is what I used. But I do think there are different flavors between the colors. Feel free to use red, yellow, or orange bell peppers too.
- cream cheese - Full fat block of cream cheese. If you are really against cream cheese, greek yogurt or sour cream could be substituted too.
- shredded cheese - Either shredded by the store or by you. A Mexican cheese blend will work just fine but so will cheddar or colby or colby jack cheese.
- adobo seasoning - I am obsessed with adobo seasoning. It is full of the flavors we all love in Mexican food but has less chili powder than taco seasoning.
- garlic salt - Becaue I double down on garlic.
- roasted tomato salsa or Rotel - basically some tomatoes to bring the flavors together.
If you are allowed the carbs, garlic, and onions add a ton of flavor to these stuffed peppers but aren't necessary for an amazing low-carb taco stuffed pepper.
In a large skillet or braiser begin browning the ground pork sausage with the adobo seasoning and garlic salt. While the pork is browning, add the diced onions and peppers if you are using them. After the ground pork is browned, add the cream cheese, shredded cheese, and salsa or Rotel.
When the cheeses are completely melted, you can begin spooning the queso meat combination into the peppers.
Bake the stuffed peppers on a jelly roll pan for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. This will leave a little crunch to your peppers still. If you want completely soft peppers, let them cook for a longer period of time.
Serve the low-carb taco stuffed peppers straight from the oven, piping hot. The cheesy centers will taste like you are eating queso sausage dip. These are so good, you won't regret having leftovers.
Great Low-Carb Recipes
Low-Carb Taco Stuffed Peppers
- 4 bell peppers
- 1 pound ground pork
- 2 teaspoons adobo seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup roasted tomato salsa or 1 can of Rotel
- ½ cup onion, optional
- 2 cloves minced garlic, optional
- In a large skillet, brown the ground pork with the onions and garlic if you are using them as well as the adobo seasoning and garlic salt.
- While the meat is browning, cut the top off the peppers and cut in half from top to bottom.
- When the pork is done browning, add the cream cheese, one cup of shredded cheese, and the salsa to the meat. Stir until the cheeses are completely melted.
- Fill each half of the bell pepper with the meat and cheese combination. Top each pepper with the remaining one cup of shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes on 350 degrees. The peppers still should have a slight crunch to them. If you want less crunch, cook the peppers a bit longer.
Shared on Weekend Potluck.