Queso recipes are a dime a dozen these days. I have several recipes for sausage queso and the Texas beef queso. When I tried Southern Bite’s corn and sausage queso, I became obsessed. Obsessed. And because I either don’t have exact ingredients or I just can’t help myself, I doctored the recipe a tiny bit. This crock pot corn and sausage queso dip is spicy from the addition of chorizo with a hint of sweet from the corn is sure to make it your new favorite cheese queso dip recipe.
I have seen six adults huddle around a big bowl of this corn and sausage queso dip. It is truly the most addictive version of queso I have ever tasted. Crock pot corn and sausage queso is a hot corn dip recipe made with spicy chorizo, sweet corn, cream cheese, and Velveeta for an easy cheese queso dip recipe. You will want to make this queso.
The basics around any queso dip are cheese, peppers, and sausage. Now, I know not everyone agrees with the sausage part, but we are meat eaters in our house. I recently became equally obsessed with chorizo. I blame the cajun pork burger with shrimp for the obsession. Naturally, I had to add chorizo to this corn and sausage dip.
- Pork Chorizo
- Cream cheese
How to Make Crock Pot Corn and Sausage Queso Dip
Begin by putting both the Velveeta and cream cheese in the bottom of a crock pot. Then, brown the sausage in a frying pan, and once it cooked combine the chorizo with the pork sausage.
Cook on low for two hours or until the cheese is completely melted. When ready, switch your crock pot to warm. Don’t have a crock pot with a low setting? GET ONE!! JUST FOR QUESO.
Crock Pot Dip Recipes
Crock Pot Corn and Sausage Queso Dip
- 1 pound ground pork or sausage
- 10 ounce package of pork or beef chorizo
- 16 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cans Rotel, 10-ounce size
- 2-3 cups sweet corn, canned or frozen
- 1 bunch green onions
- Brown pork or sausage in a large skillet. When the pork is fully cooked, stir in the chorizo. Remove from heat.
- In a crock pot, add the Velveeta and the cream cheese.
- Pour the meat mixture over the top.
- Dump the Rotel over the meat and followed by the corn. Stir to combine
- Cook on low heat for 2 hours or until cheese is melted. Keep on warm while serving.
- Garnish with green onions, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Shared on Weekend Potluck.