As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Sometimes it is an eat chips and queso kind of day. This crock pot Texas Queso Dip is not that different from the Sausage Queso I have shared before. The main difference is spicy or hot seasoned sausage instead of ground pork or mild pork sausage.
The recipe is out of the 303 Simple & Satisfying Recipes from Gooseberry Patch. And it is a cinch.
Simply brown a pound of hamburger. If you want to do it quick, be sure to check out my quick tip on browning hamburger. Just place a two-pound block of Velveeta, a can of tomatoes and chiles (or a can of diced tomatoes plus a can of chiles like I did) along with a half a cup of milk.
Just let the mixture cook on low for two hours in a slow cooker or crock pot. Stir occasionally to avoid it burning around the edges. Serve with tortilla chips.
Texas Queso Dip
- 1 lb. hot ground pork sausage browned and drained
- 32- oz. pkg. pasteurized process cheese spread cubed
- 10- oz. can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 1/2 c. milk
- white corn tortilla chips
- Combine the sausage, cheese, tomatoes and milk in a slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for two hours until cheese is melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I received the 303 Simple & Satisfying Recipes for free. The recipe ingredients are all on me. The opinions are all mine.
- Bacon Parmesan Stuffed Mushrooms – Grilled Stuffed Mushrooms - June 28, 2020
- Easy Summer Dinner Ideas - June 22, 2020
- The Ultimate Baked Tacos – Creamy Ground Beef Baked Tacos - June 13, 2020