Well, I dug into my Gooseberry Patch cookbook that I am making 10 recipes out of over the next 3 months along with some of Real Farmwife pals. If you remember, the people voted over on realfarmwivesofamerica.com for me to cook out of and give away the Farmers' Market Favorites. My first recipe...Bruschetta Pizza!
I will also be honest. I added chicken to the recipe. After seeing the Bruschetta Chicken Pasta over at Crumbs and Chaos from last weeks linky, I knew it would be delish. Bruschetta Pizza with chicken is now a summer pizza favorite with the fresh tomatoes, onions, and herbs combined with lots of Italian cheeses and grilled chicken.
Now, back to the bruschetta pizza. Start with 8-10 Roma tomatoes and chop them up.
Then grab 5-6 garlic cloves, ½ onion and 2 tablespoons of fresh basil and chop them all up.
Toss in a bowl and add ⅓ cup olive oil, ½ teaspoon pepper, ⅓ teaspoon garlic salt, and ¼ cup balsamic vinegar. Stir to blend and set aside.
Grab a 13.8 oz tube of refrigerated pizza dough and spread out on a cookie sheet. Spread ½ cup of pizza sauce on top of the dough.
Easy Pizza Recipes
Bruschetta Pizza with Chicken
- 8-10 Roma Tomatoes, Chopped
- ½ Onion, Chopped
- 2 teaspoons Basil, chopped about 8-10 leaves
- 5-6 cloves Garlic, Chopped
- ⅓ cup Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Pepper
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ¼ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tube Refrigerated Pizza Dough 13.8 ounces
- ½ cup Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken, Diced
- 2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- pinch Dried Oregano
- Mix together the chopped tomatoes, onions, basil, garlic, olive oil, pepper, garlic salt, and balsamic vinegar together and set aside.
- Spread the pizza dough out on a cookie sheet. Spread pizza sauce over the crust.
- Drain the tomato and onion mixtures and spread two cups worth of the mixture over the pizza sauce. Top the bruschetta mixture off with the chicken and mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle any remaining bruschetta over the cheese. Sprinkle oregano and drizzle a tablespoon of olive oil over the entire pizza.
- Bake the pizza on 425 for 12-15 minutes.
So what are you cooking this week? Link on up your favorite meaty recipe and be sure to let your readers know where you have shared the recipe.
Shared on Weekend Potluck