Pumpkin spice everything lovers, look no farther than the easiest pumpkin dip of the season with this pumpkin fluff dip recipe. Four ingredients are all you need to get your new favorite fall dip made for all the harvest parties. Pumpkin fluff pie dip is just canned pumpkin, vanilla pudding mix, cool whip, and pumpkin pie spice. Grab some graham crackers, Nilla wafers or even apples for dipping, and you are ready to devour this pumpkin dip.
This pumpkin fluff recipe is most definitely so similar to my no-bake pumpkin chiffon pie recipe, I knew my family would love it. The pumpkin dip is so light and fluffy you will find yourself eating until your heart's content.
While a lot of pumpkin pie dip recipes are out there, this pumpkin pie dip does not have cream cheese in it. Making it super easy to make with little to no preplanning. So, when your kid shows up saying you have to bring something to a last-minute fall party, you have a winner with this dip.
Pumpkin Fluff Dip Ingredients
The ingredients are basic pantry and freezer staples in the fall in my house. If these aren't staples at your place, start stocking these items.
- Canned Pumpkin - Canned pumpkin puree is a glorious thing. Now, if you want to buy a pumpkin and cook it, be my guest. That isn't me. Be sure you don't accidentally buy the pumpkin pie puree.
- Instant Vanilla Pudding - You just want the powder. Regular vanilla pudding is fine but I always have French vanilla on hand because it seems just a bit more flavorful to me.
- Cool Whip - The frozen whipped topping is key here. The real dairy stuff will collapse in this recipe.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice - The premade pumpkin pie spice is very handy. It combines cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger perfectly. Feel free to just combine those four spices too.
To make sugar-free pumpkin fluff, use sugar free whipped topping and pudding. This is not a low-carb recipe since the pumpkin has quite a few carbs in it.
See the recipe card for quantities.
How to Make Pumpkin Fluff
Making this recipe for pumpkin fluff is so easy. It is a simple combine and chill. Here is what you need to do to
In a mixing bowl, combine with a spatula the pumpkin, pudding mix, cool whip, and pumpkin spice.
Chill in the refrigerator to set up and chill down before serving.
Transfer the pumpkin fluff to your serving bowl and top with whipped topping.
Garnish with caramel sauce, pumpkin pie spice, or even mini chocolate chips.
That is all it takes to make your new favorite pumpkin dip recipe.
Tip: To make it extra fluffy double the whipped topping. It will be super light and airy.
What to serve with Pumpkin Fluff Dip
The pumpkin fluff dip obviously needs a vehicle to get into your mouth. Obviously, a spoon would work just fine but here a few other ideas of what to serve the pumpkin fluff with to eat it.
- Graham Crackers- Whether the traditional graham crackers or the graham crackers sticks or even the Teddy Grahams, the traditional honey graham flavor is perfect with the pumpkin fluff.
- Vanilla Wafers - If you aren't a fan of graham crackers, try vanilla wafers instead. I would even recommend those thin layered vanilla wafer cookies with this dip too.
- Ginger Snaps - Ginger snap cookies are a perfect flavor pairing with pumpkin as well. After all, ginger is in pumpkin pie spice
- Apple Slices - Go the fruit route to dip into this pumpkin pie dip with sliced apples or even sliced pears.
Even if you have diet allergies - this fluff dip is gluten-free and dairy-free as long as you use a dairy-free whipped topping like cool whip. So make sure if you want to remain diet friendly to think about this with your choice of dipping tools
Pumpkin Fluff Topping Variations
You can keep the garnish for this pumpkin fluff dip simple or complex. Here are a few of my recommendations to take this fluff over the top.
- Whipped Cream - Who can resist whipped topping? No one in my family. Hit the middle of this bowl of dip with whipped topping and watch it disappear.
- Spices - Pumpkin Pie Spice is an easy sprinkling to the top. But just cinnamon is amazing too. Just dust the pumpkin fluff before serving.
- Chocolate chips - If you love chocolate and pumpkin, sprinkle a handful of mini chocolate chips over the whipped cream and pumpkin fluff.
- Ice Cream Sauces - Caramel, hot fudge, and butterscotch sauces are all perfect on this pumpkin dip too.
Storing Pumpkin Fluff Dip
Store the leftover in the serving bowl covered in shrink wrap or press and seal. Also transferring it to a sealable container is recommended. Keep up to three days.
These ingredients don't stand up well to freezing and thawing back out. If you want a frozen pumpkin treat, this recipe would be great to put between graham crackers and freeze for an ice cream like treat.
Easy Pumpkin Recipes
Looking for some easy pumpkin recipes? Here are some of my favorite pumpkin treats and many of these are simple 5 ingredients or fewer recipes too.
Pumpkin Fluff Dip Recipe
- 1 can pumpkin 15 ounces
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 2 teapsoons pumpkin pie spice
- 3.4 ounces instant vanilla pudding mix
- Mix the pumpkin, whipped topping, pudding, and pumpkin pie spice together with a spatula.
- Chill in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Before serving dust with more pumpkin pie spice. Serve with graham crackers, vanilla wafers, ginger snaps, or apple slices.
- You may also garnish with additional whipped topping, caramel sauce, or mini chocolate chips.