If you are as obsessed with Starbucks' Sous Vide Egg Bites, you too can have them at home. These egg bites are a simple recipe of surprising ingredients that are easy to make ahead and reheat throughout the week.
These copycat sous vide egg bites recipe have a velvety smooth texture for a great an on-the-go low-carb, high-protein breakfast option.
Don't worry, I have not run out and bought a sous vide. Instead, I used one cup glass bowls and a pan of water to cook these egg bites in. Trial an error has pretty much perfected my farmwife technique to this French version of cooking.
In a blender simply put eggs, cottage cheese, shredded cheese, and salt and pepper. That is the core component of these. Pour a half cup in each bowl and top with bacon bits and more shredded cheese.
Place each filled bowl in a pan and fill the pan with water so most of the bowls are covered. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 to 350 minutes on the eggs are golden brown and solid to the touch.
There you have them. Your own make at home egg bites! Want to eat later in the week, just pop the bowl in the microwave and reheat on high for 30 seconds.
Save the Copycat Sous Vide Egg Bites Recipe
Sous Vide Egg Bites - Copycat Recipe
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¾ cup shredded Gruyere Havarti or Monterey Jack cheese
- 4 slices of bacon fried and crumbled
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooking Spray
- Crack eggs into a blender and add cottage cheese and ½ cup of shredded cheese to the blender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pulse blender till mixture is liquified.
- Spray four 1 cup glass bowls with cooking spray.
- Pour ½ cup of egg mixture into each bowl.
- Top with remaining shredded cheese and bacon.
- Place four bowls in a baking dish and fill baking dish with water
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes or the eggs are golden brown and solid.
- Refrigerate any you don't eat and reheat for 30 seconds on high.
Check out other great recipes at the Weekend Potluck.
This post contains Affiliate Links.