Still eating hard boiled eggs at your house? Us too. Here is a quick and easy casserole to use up some of your Easter eggs.
Spoon out the bacon on to a paper towel to absorb the grease.
Start making a cream sauce with three tablespoons of butter melted and three tablespoons of flour. Mix together and cook for a minute before adding two cups of milk, slowly.
Serving size: 4
- ½ pound bacon, fried and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded colby jack cheese
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs, sliced
- Create a rue by melting flour and butter together in a sauce pan. Cook for one minute and slowly start adding milk to the rue. Cook over medium heat, whisking to make sure the sauce doesn't scorch, till sauce thickens and begins to boil.
- Decrease heat and add cheese. Stir until cheese is completely melted and remove from heat.
- Using a 1.5 quart casserole dish begin by layering a thin layer of sauce followed by eggs and then bacon. Repeat at least twice. End with sauce followed with a bacon top.
- Bake on 350 for 20-25 minutes, until casserole is bubbling.