Fry up about four slices of bacon, crumble and set aside. Then slice a block of Co-Jack cheese into square pieces. I just cut the block in half to form two long pieces of cheese and then sliced. I put the cheese in all the checkerboard cracks. Sprinkled the bacon over top.
Melt a stick of butter and then add one tablespoon of ranch seasoning. Spoon over top of the cheese and bacon.
Cover with aluminum foil and bake on 350 for about 15 minutes. Uncover and bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Let’s be honest, you will not wait till cooled to eat. I didn’t even have time to take a final picture. Sorry:(
- 1 round loaf of bread (I used Hawaiian bread)
- 1 (8 oz) block of colby jack cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, fried and crumbled
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 Tbsp. of ranch seasoning
- Slice bread in one inch slices in one direction leaving one inch at the base of the bread and then cut one inch slices the other direction, forming a checkerboard pattern.
- Cut block of cheese in half, lengthwise to form two long square pieces and then thinly slice.
- Place square cheese slices between each square of bread. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Mix ranch and butter together and spoon over bread.
- Bake covered at 350 degrees for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove foil and bake for 5 more minutes.