As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Ground beef stroganoff is a quick weeknight meal that uses ground beef combined with onions, mushrooms, cream of mushroom, and sour cream then served over noodles and rice. This recipe is like a homemade version of hamburger helper, maybe even easier. My IRL friend over at FenceRow to FenceRow made beef stroganoff a while back. It sounded so yummy,
I started with the leftover browned meat and onion I had made an extra pound of for the crock pot lasagna. If you don’t have leftover ground beef, start by browning the hamburger with Worcestershire sauce and two teaspoons of steak and chop seasoning.
Dice up a whole onion, and put half the diced onion into the skillet with the ground beef. Then tossed in four ounces of mushrooms. Canned mushrooms will work just fine or sliced up fresh mushrooms.
Start the noodles cooking in a pot of boiling water as well.
When the ground beef is completely cooked, drain the excess grease off the meat. Return the hamburger back to the skillet. Add the remaining onions.
Then start making the stroganoff sauce. Stir in a can of mushroom soup.
Follow up the cream of mushroom soup by stirring in about a cup of sour cream.
Ground Beef Recipes
Ground Beef Stroganoff
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 onion
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons steak and chop seasoning
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 16 ounces large egg noodles
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown the hamburger with half the diced onions, mushrooms, steak and chop seasoning, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and cook the egg noodles according to package directions.
- After the beef is completely cooked and crumbled, drain any extra grease. Return to skillet and stir in the other half of the cream of mushroom soup and sour cream.
- Serve the ground beef stroganoff over the cooked egg noodles.