As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Crock Pot taco stuffed pepper soup was one of those easy hamburger recipes I made before leaving the house one morning by throwing rice, tomatoes, onions and peppers with some taco seasoning in the crock pot. The issue with lots of work travel means the family will eat a lot of meals out when I am gone or many frozen pizzas. Before a recent work trip, I put the ingredients for a new version of taco soup in the crock pot before leaving. Then I instructed the family to take some pictures and let me know how it tasted. Crock pot taco stuffed pepper soup turned out to be a huge hit.
This crock pot taco hamburger and rice soup is a taco-seasoned stuffed pepper soup with a tomato base, rice, bell peppers, onions, and ground beef and slow cooked to a delicious, hearty soup. If my kids and husband loved it, this is sure to be a favorite of your family too.
Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup Ingredients
- Ground Beef
- Long-Grain Rice
- Bell Peppers
- Diced Tomatoes
- Fire-Roasted Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Paste
- Beef Better than Bouillon
- Tomato Paste
- Taco Seasoning
While this recipe could be made entirely in the crock pot, I start it on the stove and then let it slow cook all day.
To make this soup, start the two cans of tomatoes and rice in the crock pot while you simultaneously start browning the ground beef on the stove.
Stir the rice to combine and let continue to heat up over the low setting on the crock pot. When the beef is browned, add rough chopped onions and peppers to the beef. Cook for a moment and stir in the beef base and minced garlic.
Continue to cook the beef for another minute, stirring to combine and coat the beef and vegetables in the beef base. Then stir in the tomato paste and taco seasoning. When the tomato paste and taco seasoning have coated the ground beef and peppers, add two cups of water to help pick up all the flavor bits and pieces stuck to the pan.
Pour the ground beef mixture into the crock pot to mix with the tomato and rice combination. Add an additional two cups of water to the crock pot. Stir to completely combine and let cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes
- 14.5 ounces fire-roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup long-grained rice
- 1 large bell pepper rough chopped
- 1 large onion rough chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons beef base Better than Bouillon
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 4 cups water
- Brown the ground beef on the stove in a saucepan or large skillet.
- Pour the two cans of tomatoes and rice into the crock pot set on low heat.
- When the hamburger is browned, add rough chopped peppers and onions to the pan. Stir to combine and cook for one minute. Stir in the beef base and minced garlic.
- To the beef, add the can of tomato paste and taco seasoning. Stir to coat and then pour in two cups of water. Scrape the pan and then transfer into the crock pot.
- Stir the meat mixture and rice mixture together. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- English Muffin Egg Cups – Individual Breakfast Casseroles - September 27, 2020
- English Muffin Garlic Toast – Easy Homemade Garlic Bread - September 23, 2020
- Instant Pot Jambalaya - September 19, 2020