I have Everyday Simple Suppers to thank. It brought me back to a childhood favorite my mom would make. This recipe is like that old familiar hymn. You can't believe how lived without it for so long. That is what making this simple taco salad was like for me. The most simple dishes make the best suppers. This simple taco salad is a quick recipe combining ranch and French dressings with nacho cheese Doritos.
Taco Salad Ingredients
The ingredients for this super easy taco salad are similar ingredients you would to make tacos. In typical Leah fashion, there are a few changeups in this recipe. To start, the taco meat isn't your typical taco seasoning meat. Instead of ground beef, I used ground pork. I used taco seasoning. Yes, I did. But I also add Ranch seasoning. It gives the meat extra creaminess.
Pull these simple ingredients together:
- Ground Beef
- Taco Seasoning
- Ranch Dressing Seasoning
- Western Dressing
- Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Optional Ingredients - Black beans, corn, olives, avocado
While the meat is cooking in the microwave. Yes, microwave thanks to the Pampered Chef Micro-Cooker for Microwave, I prepped the lettuce salad. I used two hearts of romaine, cherry tomatoes, fresh sweet corn, black beans, and onions. Substituted colby-jack cheese for the cheddar and then tossed with the Western Dressing.
To serve, I crush nacho Doritos and put them down on the plate and add the salad. Then I finish off with the meat. Especially if the meat is still hot. I don't want the hot meat to wilt the salad.
Easy Salad Recipes
Simple Taco Salad
- 1 lb ground beef or pork
- 1 taco seasoning pack
- 1 tbs ranch seasoning mix
- 1 head lettuce or 2 hearts of romaine torn
- ½ cup onion diced*
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn*
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved*
- 1 cup black beans*
- 1 cup olives*
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup French dressing I use Western
- Large bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Prepare the ground beef with taco seasoning according to package directions. Stir in ranch seasoning mix.
- Toss salad, taco toppings, and cheese together. Add salad dressing. Add meat if you will be refrigerating until ready to serve. If eating immediately, keep meat out of salad if it is still warm.
- To serve, crush chips and place on a plate. Add salad and meat to the top of chips. Mix well.
Shared on weekend potluck
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Potatoes, and Broccoli Recipe - January 1, 2022
- Peanut Butter Pie Recipe - No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie - December 26, 2021
- Sugar Cookie Fudge - Christmas Cookie Fudge - December 19, 2021