As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have Everyday Simple Suppers to thank. It brought me back to a childhood favorite my mom would make. This recipe is like that old familiar hymn. You can’t believe how lived without it for so long. That is what making this simple taco salad was like for me. The most simple dishes make the best suppers. This simple taco salad is a quick recipe combining ranch and French dressings with nacho cheese Doritos.
Simple Taco Salad
In typical Leah fashion, there are a few changeups in this recipe. To start, the taco meat isn’t your typical taco seasoning meat. Instead of ground beef, I used ground pork. I used taco seasoning. Yes, I did. But I also add Ranch seasoning. It gives the meat extra creaminess.
While the meat is cooking in the microwave. Yes, microwave thanks to the Pampered Chef Micro-Cooker for Microwave, I prepped the lettuce salad. I used two hearts of romaine, cherry tomatoes, fresh sweet corn, black beans, and onions. Substituted colby-jack cheese for the cheddar and then tossed with the Western Dressing.
To serve, I crush nacho Doritos and put them down on the plate and add the salad. Then I finish off with the meat. Especially if the meat is still hot. I don’t want the hot meat to wilt the salad.
Easy Salad Recipes
Simple taco salad recipe made with Doritos - The most simple dishes make the best suppers. This simple taco salad is a quick recipe combining ranch and French dressings with nacho cheese Doritos. This quick and easy taco salad will satisfy your family on a hot summer night.
- 1 lb ground beef or pork
- 1 taco seasoning pack
- 1 tbs ranch seasoning mix
- 1 head lettuce or 2 hearts of romaine torn
- 1/2 cup onion diced*
- 1 cup fresh sweet corn*
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved*
- 1 cup black beans*
- 1 cup olives*
- 2 cups shredded colby jack cheese
- 1 cup French dressing I use Western
- Large bag of Nacho Cheese Doritos
- Prepare the ground beef with taco seasoning according to package directions. Stir in ranch seasoning mix.
- Toss salad, taco toppings, and cheese together. Add salad dressing. Add meat if you will be refrigerating until ready to serve. If eating immediately, keep meat out of salad if it is still warm.
- To serve, crush chips and place on a plate. Add salad and meat to the top of chips. Mix well.
*Use the taco toppings your family enjoys eating.
Shared on weekend potluck
- Apricot Bourbon-Glazed Ham on the Grill or Oven-Baked - April 5, 2020
- Sheet Pan Pork Chops, Sweet Potatoes and Red Potatoes - April 4, 2020
- Air Fryer Pizza Bites on Naan Bread - March 25, 2020