This low carb crock pot pizza casserole is a new favorite pizza recipe even for the folks not eating low-carb since it is full of a lot of meat, cheese, and flavor no one misses the crust or pasta in this crustless pizza casserole. this low-carb pizza recipe inspired by Aunt Lou's Crock Pot Crustless Pizza Casserole over on Recipes That Crock. Our version of low-carb pizza casserole is completely loaded with meat!
Here is the thing about this recipe, I can make it after work, put it in the casserole crock pot, then go run around fetching children from practices and activities and be back home with this ready to go. Now, I get that I could set the timer on my oven for this too. BUT, then the whole dang house will be hot. No thanks, especially in the middle of the summer.
Crustless Pizza Casserole Ingredients
One of the reasons I was toying with the recipe, is I really like to combine ground pork and beef in most of my recipes. And these days, one pound of meat is never enough for our family.
The ingredients I used to make this low-carb pizza
- Sausage - Actually for a sausage pizza that is crustless, your best bet is using ground pork and pound of ground beef
- pizza seasoning - I love from Penzy's Spices and they have a great pizza seasoning.
- pepperoni - Pork based pepperoni is my preference, but you are free to use turkey pepperoni too. If you don't like pepperoni, leave it off.
- Veggies - onions, peppers, mushrooms - Add as many vegetables as you like olives would be good too
- Sauce - low-carb pizza sauce or tomato paste that has no sugar added. You can add herbs and spices to plain tomato sauce to make it more flavorful.
- Cheese - Mozzarella or Italian shredded cheeses. You will want lots of cheese.
How to Make Low-Carb Pizza in the Casserole Crock Pot
Browning the meat is the most time-consuming part of this whole recipe, especially if your ground meat is frozen. I add the seasoning while the meat is browning. I also added a few more "toppings" to the meat before transferring to the crock pot. Our family is more like a supreme pizza kind of family.So, I loaded up the meat with lots of peppers and onions. I really wanted to add black olives too. But, my kids were watching. Add whatever toppings you like on your pizza to the browned meat and let cook for a few minutes, mainly to get some the water cooked out of the veggies.
Once the veggies are cooked down, I add a drained can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes. Stir to combine and then add to the slow cooker.
And I go by the theory that if kids help cook a meal they will be more likely to eat the meal, so I enlisted the kid at home to help make supper.
Now, I don't know about you, but I love mushrooms on my pizza. My girl eats pretty much everything except mushrooms. She just doesn't like mushrooms. So we compromise on this recipe. We put mushrooms on just part of the casserole instead of mixing the mushrooms in with the other veggies.
Truly a house divided. Once you have all your toppings loaded in the crock pot, it is time for sauce.
Cover the entire casserole with sauce followed by shredded cheese and pepperonis. Then put the crock pot casserole on high for two hours and go chase kids.
When you get home you will have crock pot pizza waiting!
Tips for Making Crock Pot Low-Carb Pizza Casserole
- Use the same ingredients you like on a pizza in this pizza casserole. If you like sausage and mushroom, then do sausage at the bottom topped with mushrooms, pizza sauce, and cheese.
- Cook any veggies before you put them in the casserole to reduce the amount of liquid in the casserole. There will be liquid in the crock pot when it is done cooking.
- If you are strict with your keto diet, make sure you watch the seasonings you use as some have added sugars.
- Look for ground pork in the fresh meat area of the grocery store where they sell pork chops and ribs.
Instant Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup
Low-Carb Sausage Balls - Keto Meatballs
Low-Carb Taco Bake - Keto Taco Skillet
Crock Pot Low-Carb Taco Soup - Keto Taco Soup(Opens in a new browser tab)
Low Carb Crock Pot Pizza Casserole
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoon pizza seasoning
- 1 cup diced peppers onions, olives, mushrooms or other pizza toppings
- 1 can diced tomatoes drained
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 30 pepperoni slices
- Brown ground meats with seasonings with pizza seasoning over medium heat.
- Add veggies or pizza toppings besides pepperoni for 2-3 minutes till moisture is cooked out. Stir in drained diced tomatoes.
- Pour meat into casserole crock pot. Spread out over the crock pot.
- Pour sauce over meat and spread out evenly.
- Sprinkle evenly with cheese.
- Top with pepperonis. You have two extras - enjoy sampling.
- Put the lid on and cook for two hours on high or 3-4 hours on low.
For other great crock pot recipes visit the Whatch Crockin' Party.
Be sure to also check out The Weekend Potluck for other great recipes.
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin andPotatoes - May 30, 2023
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
Thanks for sharing ! I am going to try with ground turkey and chicken sausage instead of ground beef and pepperoni.
If you were going to cook in the oven how long and what temperature.
What's the carb count?
if I add this into MyFItnessPal...it comes out to 36 carbs per serving..
Can you put everything in the crockpot uncooked instead of browning the meat first?
Have you ever thought about publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other
websites? I have a blog based on the same ideas you discuss annd would really like to have you share sme stories/information. I know my subscribers would value your work.
If you aare even remotely interested, feel free to shoot me an e-mail.
I have a setting in my pressure cooker for low crock pot cooking that I use for your soups, but sometimes your recipes call for a high setting which I don't have. What is the low setting conversion, please and thank you.
How many carbs are in this?
8 carbs, 2 dietary fibers for a total of 6 net carbs. https://i0.wp.com/www.beyerbeware.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/low-carb_pizza_nutrients.png?ssl=1
dating a girl with depression