Crock pot pork carnitas recipe is a great slow cooker pork roast recipe that is perfect used on tacos, salads or nachos. I cannot resist carnitas, ever. Carnitas = pork deliciousness at a Mexican restaurant. We had pork tacos or Crock Pot Carnitas Tacos at home finally. It was pork heaven!
How to Make Crock Pot Pork Carnitas
I changed up some of my typical flavors for these and loved the small twist. I started with a pork roast. Use a pork butt, picnic, shoulder, or even loin. I used about 3 pounds of meat.
So, the array of seasonings. Salt, pepper, paprika, cayenne, cumin, cinnamon and a beer with a hint of orange.
Mix the seasonings together in a small bowl.
I pressed four cloves of garlic and and rubbed them on both sides of the pork.
I then rubbed the seasonings on both sides of the pork.
Then, I just couldn’t resist. I sprinkled some chipotle tabasco sauce all over. About 8 dashes.
And then I poured the beer over top and turned the crock pot on for 4 hours on high. Came back to beer almost braised pork.
I grabbed a big serving fork to help break it apart.
And then let it cook about 15 minutes longer on low.
I made some guacamole thanks to my friend Heather over at 3 kids and lots of pigs yummy inspiration. I covered my tacos with cheese, gauc and cilantro.
Pork Roast Recipes
Crock Pot Carnitas
- 3 pound pork roast shoulder, butt, picnic or loin
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 bottle of beer I like to use citrus beers like blue moon or a traditional Mexican beer
- 8 dashes of hot sauce optional
- Mix seasonings together in a small bowl.
- Press the garlic or mince finely and rub on both sides of the pork. Rub the seasonings on the pork.
- Place the pork roast in the crock pot and cover with hot sauce and beer.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- After cooking time, shred meat. Let continue to cook on low till ready to eat. Add water if there is no liquid left in the crock pot.
- Serve on taco shells with toppings of your choice or on a salad or on a big bed of tortilla chips.