I love a good sandwich. I especially love a good mini sandwich. My ham sammies on Hawaiian Rolls are becoming very popular. So, much so that I get several requests for a variation for turkey or chicken and also how to make them without mustard. So, in response to those requests, I bring you the mini chicken sandwiches on Hawaiian sweet rolls.
Mini Chicken Sandwich
Start by melting some butter in a hot skillet to brown the butter.
Then I chopped up onion onion very finely with my Pampered Chef food chopper.
Add it to the browned butter and continue to brown till the onions begin to caramelize.
Then gather the rest of your ingredients.
Everyone Needs Bacon
I then stirred in 1 large tomato that I diced up. This is completely optional. If you don't like tomatoes, don't add them.
Then start loading up the goods. Start with deli chicken.
Then sprinkle with bacon.
Layer the cheese on top of the bacon and chicken.
Then top the cheese with the roll tops.
Cover with the extra aluminum foil and bake on 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes till entirely heated through.
Mini Chicken Sandwich
They were awesome. Granted, the next time I make them I will add mustard because, well, I missed the mustard. But I love mustard.
- 1 stick butter
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- ½ lb bacon fried and crumbled
- 9 oz. sliced deli chicken
- 1 pkg. King's Hawaiian rolls
- 1 Tbls. sesame seeds
- 1 large tomato diced
- 8 -12 oz. cheese provolone, swiss or monterey jack
- Melt butter and cook until light brown.
- Add onions to butter and cook until soft and lightly caramelized.
- Add the sesame seeds to the onion mixture.
- Stir in tomatoes if you are using them.
- Place bottom half of rolls in an aluminum lined 13 x 9 pan and spread onion mixture over them.
- Layer chicken, then crumbled bacon and cheese and then place top half of rolls on top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until heated through.
What do you have cooking this week for hunk of meat Monday?
- Sheet Pan Smoked Sausage, Potatoes, and Broccoli Recipe - January 1, 2022
- Peanut Butter Pie Recipe - No-Bake Peanut Butter Pie - December 26, 2021
- Sugar Cookie Fudge - Christmas Cookie Fudge - December 19, 2021