As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a new go-to dessert recipe for this fall. While I love my pumpkin desserts, I still need chocolate in my life 365 days a year. And these s’mores bars are the perfect chocolate dessert for fall. When campfires are not an option, these s’mores bars definitely should be.
Then pour a 10-ounce bag of mini marshmallows over top of the chocolate. Place the pan under a broiler for 45 seconds or longer to brown the marshmallows to a golden, toasty brown. But they can burn quickly, so watch them!!
Want a more traditional s’mores treat? Check out our oven-baked s’mores recipe.
S'mores bars are an easy fall treat for the s'mores lovers. Five simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes makes the perfect pitch-in dessert.
- 1 pouch 1 lb 1.5 oz sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 sticks of butter melted
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
In a large bowl, stir together cookie mix and crumbs. Stir in melted butter until softball of dough forms. Press into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set on 375 degrees. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate. Broil with top 5 to 6 inches from heat 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted. (Watch closely; marshmallows will brown quickly.)
- Cool before cutting for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm. Store any remaining bars tightly covered.