As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a new go-to dessert recipe for this fall. While I love my pumpkin desserts, I still need chocolate in my life 365 days a year. And these s’mores bars are the perfect chocolate dessert for fall. When campfires are not an option, these s’mores bars definitely should be.
S’mores bars are an easy fall baked treat for the s’mores lovers. Five simple ingredients of sugar cookie dough, graham cracker crumbs, butter, chocolate, and marshmallows will be baked in less than 30 minutes make the perfect fall dessert.
Then pour a 10-ounce bag of mini marshmallows over top of the chocolate. Place the pan under a broiler for 45 seconds or longer to brown the marshmallows to a golden, toasty brown. But they can burn quickly, so watch them!! You don’t want burned s’mores bars.
Want a more traditional s’mores treat? Check out our oven-baked s’mores recipe.
S'mores bars are an easy fall treat for the s'mores lovers. Five simple ingredients and less than 30 minutes makes the perfect pitch-in dessert.
- 1 pouch 1 lb 1.5 oz sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 sticks of butter melted
- 1 package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 bag of mini marshmallows
In a large bowl, stir together cookie mix and crumbs. Stir in melted butter until softball of dough forms. Press into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set on 375 degrees. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate. Broil with top 5 to 6 inches from heat 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted. (Watch closely; marshmallows will brown quickly.)
- Cool before cutting for 10-15 minutes. Serve warm. Store any remaining bars tightly covered.
Latest posts by Leah (see all)
- Cheesy Shepherd’s Pie – Mashed Potato Ground Beef Casserole - February 22, 2020
- Crock Pot Taco Stuffed Pepper Soup – Taco Hamburger and Rice Soup - February 9, 2020
- Whiskey Dogs – Lit’l Smokies Appetizer - February 8, 2020