Need a quick Christmas treat but don't want to bake? These rocky road candy clusters are the answer. Rocky road candy recipe is similar to chocolate peanut clusters but with marshmallows and Rice Krispies are the answer. These candies are like rocky road treats but so much better with the combination of chocolate and white almond bark and peanut butter for the candy coating. The best part is how quickly you can make this candy with the help of the microwave. The most time-consuming part is waiting for the candy to set up and harden.
What is in Rocky Road Candy Clusters?
Now many candy clusters are really just almond bark, peanut butter, and peanuts. I of course can never leave anything as is and had to change this candy recipe up.
Here are the ingredients to make clusters that are more like rocky road candies:
- Chocolate - Chocolate melting chocolate, chocolate chips, or chocolate almond bar is all usable in this peanut clusters recipe. I have large bags of Ghiradelli chocolate wafers.
- White Chocolate - Just like normal chocolate, you have options with white chocolate. It can be the white chocolate wafers like the chocolate ones. Almond bard or white chocolate chips can also work.
- Peanut Butter - Creamy peanut butter is preferred, but honestly, chunky peanut butter won't be a problem.
- Peanuts - Cocktail peanuts, dry roasted peanuts, even Spanish peanuts all can work for these peanut clusters. Cocktail peanuts are my first choice.
- Mini Marshmallows - Mini marshmallows so they match the size of the peanut. If you want to have a little fun you can also use the multi-colored mini marshmallows.
- Rice Krispies - Make the candy crackle with the addition of peanuts. Name brand or store brand works the same. Buy what you prefer.
How to Make Chocolate Peanut Clusters?
To make any chocolate clusters, you will need to start by melting chocolate. For this recipe, I use the microwave to melt the chocolate. However, you can also use the crock pot to melt the chocolate and peanut butter down or a double boiler. I just find the microwave the fastest and easiest method.
Start by placing the white and dark chocolate in a microwavable bowl. I love my large batter bowls from Pampered Chef for this. Any glass bowl will work. I heat the chocolate up in 30-second increments. Stir and then heat again. When the chocolate is melted, then I add the peanut butter and combine until smooth.
Now stir in the peanuts, marshmallows, Rick Kripsies cereal. Continue stirring until completely coated.
Using a tablespoon, spoon the rocky road candy clusters onto a parchment or wax paper. Let dry and set up for at least thirty minutes but two hours will be even better.
These are perfect for gifts or trays of goodies for parties. They would be perfect with cookies and candies for teacher's gifts, mailman gifts, or even a gift for the UPS driver. Just get some festive bags or plastic containers and get your edible gifts made and packaged.
Christmas Candies and Cookies
Chocolate Peanut Butter Rocky Road Clusters
- 2 cup chocolate for melting
- 2 cup white almond bark
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 12 ounces peanuts
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup rice krispies
- Melt the dark and white chocolate in the microwave in 30-second increments. Stir between each heating session until the chocolate is all melted.
- Stir in the peanut butter into the chocolate.
- Add the peanuts, marshmallows, and rice krispies into the chocolate.
- Spoon the rocky road clusters onto wax paper or parchment paper.
- Let harden for 2 hours.
- Sheet Pan Pork Tenderloin andPotatoes - May 30, 2023
- Sea Breeze Cocktail - Vodka Cranberry Grapefruit Drink - May 6, 2023
- Italian Coleslaw - April 30, 2023
Leave a Reply