The air fryer is officially my go-to kitchen appliance. I am obsessed with air fryer chicken drumsticks. These air fryer honey mustard chicken legs recipe might be the ultimate recipe in the air fryer though. Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs are marinated in a simple honey mustard sauce and then seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked completely in under 20 minutes in the air fryer.
The ultimate mini-tater tots regularly get made in our house. Crispy Brussels sprouts or zucchini chips come out perfect in the air fryer. The simplicity of the homemade honey mustard sauce or rather marinade mixed with the quick cooking in the air fryer make these honey mustard chicken legs a must for easy weeknight meals.
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Drumsticks Ingredients
- How to Make Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs Recipe
- What to eat with the Air Fryer Drumsticks
- Tips for Cooking Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- The Best Air Fryer Recommendation
- Honey Mustard Recipes
- 📖 Recipe
- Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- Food safety
Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Drumsticks Ingredients
I love when chicken drumsticks go on sale for 88 cents a pound. When I catch the sale, I go a little overboard stocking up on the chicken legs. I can't help it, I love a good meat sale. Since I had recently received my new Cosori XL Air Fryer, I knew it was time to try air fryer chicken drumsticks.
The Ingredients to make these honey mustard chicken drumsticks are really the simple combination of the following:
- Chicken legs - Chicken legs are what I used but honestly, any cut of chicken will work in this air fryer chicken recipe.
- honey - Clover honey is my preferred type of honey. Whatever you have on hand or can find is what to use.
- mustard - I love mustard. I couldn't decide which mustard to use in this honey mustard, so I used them all. All three of these mustards. Yes, I do indeed love mustard. Honestly, if you just use dijon mustard and the stone ground, you will be fine.
- Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and Pepper
How to Make Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs Recipe
To make this easy air fryer honey mustard chicken legs recipe, begin by mixing the mustards with the honey and Worcestershire sauce.
Place the drumsticks into a gallon bag and pour the marinade over the chicken. Seal the plastic bag and shake the chicken to be sure the honey mustard sauce covers it completely. Place the bag in the fridge for 30 minutes or overnight or while you are at work.
Preheat your air fryer at 400 degrees for 5 minutes and then place the chicken legs in the air fryer. Then place the chicken legs in the air fryer pan. Season them with salt and pepper.
Cook the drumsticks in the air fryer on 400 degrees for 10 minutes and then flip the chicken legs over and cook for 10 more minutes. Check the internal temperature of the chicken to be sure it is 165 degrees. The chicken legs fully cook in my air fryer at the 20-minute mark.
These chicken legs we so juicy and tender yet so flavorful from the honey mustard. My family loves honey mustard and these were a big hit. My son ate five drumsticks.
Looking for some easy sides to go along with your air fryer honey mustard chicken legs? No fear, we have the perfect side dishes to go along with your chicken legs.
What to eat with the Air Fryer Drumsticks
Don't just eat chicken legs, makes some sides that are just as easy as these chicken legs. Here are my go-to side dishes.
Tips for Cooking Air Fryer Chicken Legs
- Be sure to preheat the air fryer just like you do your oven.
- Alternate the direction of the chicken legs to maximize the number of drumsticks you can fit in the air fryer basket.
- If the chicken skin is burning too much after the first 10 minutes turn down the air fryer down 15 degrees. Every air fryer is different and yours may be different than my Cosori XL Air Fryer.
- No need to add any type of fat as the chicken skin adds enough fat to self crisp
The Best Air Fryer Recommendation
There are a lot of air fryers on the market and it can be confusing to know which one is best. Here are all my kitchen product recommendations, including air fryers.
Every air fryer is slightly different. It should take around 20 minutes on 400 degrees for chicken legs to cook fully. The chicken is done when the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
Small tongs are your friends when it comes to flipping chicken legs in the air fryer. Here is the pair I recommend - small silicone tongs.
Honey Mustard Recipes
Air Fryer Honey Mustard Chicken Legs
- Cosori XL Air Fryer
- 10 chicken drumsticks
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup dijon or yellow mustard
- ¼ cup stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper
- Combine the honey, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Place the chicken legs in a large plastic bag and pour the honey mustard over the top of the chicken. Seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes or longer.
- When ready to make chicken, preheat air fryer at 400° for 5 minutes. Place the chicken in the air fryer basket, alternating the legs to maximize the number of legs you can fit in the basket.
- Season with salt and pepper and cook for 10 minutes on 400°. Flip the chicken legs over. Cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Check the internal temp of the chicken to be sure it is at 165°.
Shared on Weekend Potluck
Here are recommendations for making sure your food is safe for your family to eat.
- Cook to a minimum temperature of 165 °F (74 °C)
- Do not use the same utensils on cooked food, that previously touched raw meat
- Wash hands after touching raw meat
- Don't leave food sitting out at room temperature for extended periods
- Never leave cooking food unattended
- Use oils with high smoking point to avoid harmful compounds
- Always have good ventilation when using a gas stove