If you have kids, you have probably have resorted to just making chicken legs for the kids. I know in my house there is always a war for the chicken legs. I already have several chicken leg recipes - last resort chicken legs and my ranch oven fried chicken is often made chicken legs only. In a struggle to make chicken legs quickly one afternoon, I developed this crock pot BBQ ranch chicken legs recipe that cooked in just three hours.
Crock Pot BBQ Ranch Chicken Legs is a simple three-ingredient chicken drumsticks recipe that cooks in the casserole crock pot in three hours. If you are a home that is stocked with ranch seasoning and barbecue sauce, then this recipe is going to be easy for you to make!
Crock Pot BBQ Ranch Chicken Drumsticks Ingredients
Sometimes you really don't want to overthink a recipe. I sort of thought this recipe was too simple to turn out. Boy, was I wrong. We all need to remember to not over complicate things. This recipe is proof. You just need one of those large packages of chicken drumsticks, your favorite barbeque sauce, and ranch dressing mix[amazon_link asins='B01J362VXA' template='ProductLink' store='farmwifedrink-20' marketplace='US' link_id='085938e3-2f9e-434f-8eea-cea51fbdae90'].
How to Make Crock Pot Barbeque Ranch Chicken Legs?
Start with your package of chicken legs and your ranch dressing seasoning. In the bottom of the casserole crock pot, I sprinkled ranch dressing seasoning. Then I began laying the chicken legs into the crock pot. Don't have a casserole crock pot? GET ONE. But, seriously, if you don't, just do the same thing in your traditional oval or round crock pot.
Keep alternating the legs down the crock pot until it is completely filled. Generously cover the chicken in the ranch seasoning.
Put the lid on and then cook on high for two hours. At this point grab your favorite BBQ sauce. We love the Baby Rays Chipotle Honey Barbeque Sauce. Liberally cover the chicken and let cook for another hour on high.
Serve the chicken immediately. It was saucy and tangy. The chicken legs were full of lots of flavors. The leftover chicken legs were also perfect for my bbq chicken mac and cheese too.
Chicken Drumstick Recipes
Crock Pot BBQ Ranch Chicken Legs
- 3 pounds chicken legs about 12 legs
- 3 tablespoons ranch dressing seasoning mix
- 1 bottle BBQ sauce
- Coat the bottom of a casserole crock pot with one tablespoon of ranch seasoning.
- On top of the ranch seasoning arrange the chicken legs.
- Season the chicken legs with the remaining two tablespoons of the ranch.
- Cook on high for two hours.
- After two hours, generously coat the chicken legs in BBQ sauce. Cook an additional hour until the chicken juices run clear.
- Arroz Con Pollo - Mexican Chicken and Rice with Queso - March 28, 2021
- Air Fryer Broccoli Recipe- Ninja Foodi Broccoli - March 25, 2021
- Air Fryer Ravioli - How to Make Toasted Ravioli in the Air Fryer - March 13, 2021