As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
In my experience, my best new recipes come to me when I am starving and have a family who has already devoured dinner leaving me none or eating something I am trying to avoid eating. My family loves carbs. Well, I do too. I love them so much sometimes they hang onto me longer than I would like them to. I am becoming the queen of low-carb meals that don’t leave me longing for potatoes or rice or pasta. Low-Carb Creamy Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom, and Spinach Skillet is the new go-to 15-minute meal I make and then enjoy for lunch throughout the week.
The first time I made this creamy chicken skillet, it was so good I literally was licking the plate.
This creamy chicken skillet is the type of recipe that can be adjusted to the flavors you like. Don’t like mushrooms, leave them out. Not crazy about Cajun seasoning, use a different one.
Keto Tuscan Chicken Skillet Ingredients
My staple ingredients for the low-carb creamy chicken Tuscan skillet are like a traditional Tuscan chicken without the tomatoes. It is just as good without the carbs from tomatoes. Here are the ingredients you need for a great keto chicken skillet.
- Chicken thighs or breasts – I prefer thighs since they have higher fat content and more flavor. But you can use chicken breasts.
- Bacon – Every good keto recipe involves bacon.
- Onions – Used sparingly but if you are leaving the tomatoes out you can do onions.
- Mushrooms – Plain button mushrooms but you could use shitakes as well.
- Garlic – Minced to add as much flavor as possible.
- Spinach – Frozen works just fine but if you have fresh on hand, steam and chop it for this recipe.
- Cream – Heavy whipping cream
- Parmesan cheese
- Cajun seasoning – Italian could work too but I love the flavor of .
How to Make Low-Carb Creamy Chicken Skillet
The speed of this dish is in part done by me literally throwing a lot of the ingredients together in the skillet. To begin, cut several slices of bacon and toss them in the skillet. Then liberally season the chicken with the Cajun seasoning and place over the bacon in the skillet.
When I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs, it takes about 3-4 minutes on each side to cook. It takes a bit longer with the chicken breasts, especially if they are thick. When the bacon and chicken are cooked, pull from the skillet and then add the onions, mushrooms and frozen spinach to the skillet. I heat the spinach up in the microwave while the chicken is cooking. This really speeds up the cooking time. Add a bit of butter if the bacon grease dries up.
As the mushrooms and onions soften and the spinach mixed in, add heavy whipping cream to the skillet along with the parmesan cheese. If you want it to be a bit creamier, feel free to add some cream cheese as well.
Add the chicken and bacon back to the cast iron skillet and let the chicken simmer in the creamy combination for several minutes.
Enjoy with a side of cauliflower or completely just as is. Low-Carb Creamy Chicken, Bacon, Mushrooms, and Spinach Skillet will soon become one of your favorite recipes even if you aren’t on the low-carb or keto diet.
Easy Low-Carb Recipes
Low-Carb Creamy Chicken, Bacon, Mushroom, and Spinach Skillet is the new go-to 15-minute meal I make and then enjoy for lunch throughout the week.
- 4 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2-4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounce box frozen spinach
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
While the chicken is cooking, steam the spinach in the microwave and prepare the onions, mushrooms, and garlic.
Place the onions and mushrooms in the skillet. Add more butter if the fat from the bacon grease completely absorbs. Add the garlic and spinach to the skillet.
Stir to combine and when mushrooms and onions are soft, add the whipping cream and parmesan cheese. Continue to stir until the cheese is melted.
Add the chicken and bacon back into the skillet and cook for a few minutes.
- Air Fryer Pizza Bites on Naan Bread - March 25, 2020
- Italian Squares – Antipasto Stuffed Crescent Rolls - March 19, 2020
- Cheesy Bacon Breakfast Pizza – Easy Breakfast Pizza - February 28, 2020